News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A screen observation

Started by Bixxer Bob, July 29, 2012, 12:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I've had the tall Skidmarx screen for ages and love it. As well as not buffeting, I think it is better proportioned  and suits the lines of the fairing better. The chip out of the top edge is evidence of how well it works, the stone would otherwise have hit me in the face (ok, I was leaning forward and "on it" a bit) but last night I found a drawback. I took my Girly off road in a local wood (I know, you can stop laughing now, there were no fords involved, just some slippery mud). Problem was with the low sun, the high top edge of the screen and a few bugs, I couldn't see the 15ft immediately in front of the bike until I stood on the pegs; and not having Mustang pegs or bar risers, I didn't feel all that comfortable doing it. The original Triumph screen is just the right height and wouldn't have been a problem  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Cos

On the other hand, the standard screen (general front end) was designed by someone whose idea of aerodynamics was derived from watching "Dumbo".
 :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Seems like it's time for risers and pegs mate. I have the pegs installed, now i need to get those Rox risers that have been sitting on my shelf for two years on.

By the way, would you be so kind as to post a pic with your screen?

John Stenhouse

+2 on the pegs, they make the bike sooooooooo much nicer.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Cos"By the way, would you be so kind as to post a pic with your screen?

It's an old pic, but the first I came across:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cosmo

I agree with the '15 ft' comment, but I can live with that.

Since putting on my 'screen back in April, I have a transformed machine. Extremely little buffeting and quiet enough to hear a Sat Nav unit.

But my take on a 'screen isn't for everyone.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.