News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 955 after market exhaust advice

Started by roadkill, August 07, 2012, 01:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkill

I'm looking to buy an after market exhaust for a 2007 Tiger 955i and am looking for users recommendations and experiences. I am a london rider and so need a bit more presence but no too loud so as to wake the neighbours on my early shift nor attract attention from the boys in blue.

A bit more BHP is always a good thing too.

Spotted a blue flame on Ebay although I've read a lot of bad things about the company and am therefore a bit apprehensive about the product.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Tiger ... 41691776fc

Bixxer Bob

Blueflame is ok by me.  Loud but legal, got it for £10 I think at the NEC paid at the show, arrived 2 days later so can't grumble.  Fitting takes a bit of time but I should imagine that's true for any of them.  Search and you'll probably find my sketches and tips for fitting it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Remus not so chav and fits straight on. :D

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Carbon Can Co three corner stainless steel can and link pipe, paid about £30 second hand from a mate. The weight saving is great, end baffle still fitted for low down torque but db killer removed, nice and quiet round town and at 04:30 where I live, give it some beans it sounds great.

:D
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

dino246

I spoke to Delkavic here in the states ( Colorado) and they are developing a can and connector pipe for the tiger 955i, it should be out soon, they are inexpensive.

AK Tiger

Woooo, dino 246, let us know when you hear something regarding that pipe.  PS, you own a 246 Dino? :shock:
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

BigDan

I've got a blue flame (dual baffle) and its awesome. Good quality, sounds nice, not too harsh and loud enough with the bottom baffle removed (its a dual port)
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

daveb

I contacted Fuel Exhausts last year, I asked for one that is compatible with the pannier fitments. They would need the bike for a few days to make a pattern.

They are in Kendal which is approx 300 miles away.  Thier exhausts sounds great, so I am on the hunt for a can and find somewhere local to make a link pipe. Longlife exhausts have an outlet approx 20 mins away from home.

http://www.fuelexhausts.com/index.cfm

Chad

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Remus not so chav and fits straight on. :D

sure does  8)

Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Danny955i

I agree with the Remus Revolution... get it in Stainless or Aluminum, and keep the silencer in... runs much smoother, and also sounds better. Has a good bark to it when you get on it!