News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

just joined the steamer club but got problems with my ride .

Started by windscreenman1, August 18, 2012, 12:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoothillRyder

The fuel tap was the most expensive bit at $107US. Airbox/filter was about $65, and the misc. o-rings and such added up to about $25. I guess I'm not surprised the prices are higher in the UK, what with VAT, etc. Maybe you should get someone here to buy the bits you need and ship 'em?

8)
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com

windscreenman1

i did that before with a special windshield removal tool it was £100 cheaper when i paid for it in the usa than over here when i collected it from the parcel place i had an import duty of £88 so i saved £12 and waited nearly 3 weeks for the pleasure ! :evil:
i could have got one in the uk next day
thought i was saving a lump of cash !!! :evil:

Sin_Tiger

Sickening isn't it  :x  I have been known to buy stuff from the UK, get it shipped here and take it back when I go on leave, after all I wouldn't be able to use it till I got back, and still save 10-15%.

So much for global warming  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

windscreenman1

yes i think the moral of the story is if it looks to good to be true it will bite you in the arse somewhere down the line
thank you all for the info will keep you informed as i get on with the job at hand
 :cry:  :(  :?:  :?:
when will my parts get here !!!!! grrrrrr

windscreenman1

hi all right todays another day my carb cleaner turned up today :D so took the bull by the horns as its a nice day for a change  as i had emptyied all the pond water out and drained the bowls yesterday ,today i got a gallon of fresh fuel 97 ron dropped 12 a can of profi fuel max in pessed the starter and hey presto she runs ,grabbed my lid and promptly went out for a 25 mile thrash its like riding a different bike it has gone from chuffin steam train to nice clean smooth running with just one little flat spot that got better and now runs perfectly oh im a happy bunny.

note to self water and petrol dont make for good combustion
profi fuel max is the dogs nuts try it you will see £13 a tin worth its wieght in gold dont strip them bang 12 a tin of this in  top banana !!!!
always check your tank drain is clear stops water filling the tank !!!!
i like my tiger me :D  :D  :D  :D

:idea:   next the temperature gauge it dont register anything and the bike was hot just waiting for haynes manual to arrive before i start that job

now im going to run it till winter and then do the valves stem seals head gasket is ok  thanks for everyones input,

FoothillRyder

Just so you know, these bikes tend to run pretty cool unless the ambient temp is very warm and you're stopped with the engine running. Mine runs in the lower third when riding at pretty much any speed (above a stop-and-go crawl) even when the ambient temp is above 100F.

Cheers on the simple fix lad! Steamers rule!

8)
- FoothillRyder

www.foothillryder.com

Sin_Tiger

Looks like Profi Fuel Max is the UK version of Seafoam, someone will be along in a minute to analyse the constituent components  :lol:

Good news and thanks for the feedback  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

FoothillRyder

if true, then you got the right stuff. I've used Seafoam in a lot of bikes, and in most cases it'll clean out jets and orifices of other kinds pretty well.  8)
- FoothillRyder

www.foothillryder.com