News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Had A Great Visitor

Started by metalguru, August 25, 2012, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

It was great to put a face to someone on the forum.
Had a visit from a great character called Chad today with his green Girly.
The bike was not runnining as it should so proceeded with the airbox mod and thankfully the pattern K&N type wouldn't fit (shame).
The original has far more area to filter the air coming into the engine.
Balanced the Throttle Bodies which were miles out, so much for the recent stealer service.

The really interesting thing was I blew in the TOR tune for his bike, the wire spoke model and it would not run correctly.
BUT,
When the later map from mine was put in, which is very slightly doctored, ahem, it ran great!
Never tried the later 955 map into the early but it seem to work, perhaps someone will be along to add to this.
Only problem seem to be the variables were of a more finite adjustment and the idle is a tad high but I think this was more physical than electronic, ie butterfly fault.

Also the 15yr Brandy is slipping down a treat (THANKYOU) so better stop writing so do i might mistooks made even HIC.   :new_all_coholic     :ImaPoser   :thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

Pattern K+N filter WTF is one of those!! :XXsunsmile

Bixxer Bob

:qgaraduate  We need to start charging for these MG..... :hat10

Oh, and I finally found my exhaust analyser that's been AWOL for the last 15 months :eusa_dance
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chad

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 26, 2012, 11:51:30 AM
Pattern K+N filter WTF is one of those!! :XXsunsmile

facking Wemoto  :5huh they shall be getting a flee in their ear  :hat10 :hat10 :hat10

as i stated in my other thread you have to watch this guy he ate all the cookies :qgreenjumpers

she do go like stink now Nige  so much smoother , i was So shamed by how dirty she was compared to your OCD clean machine :qgreenjumpers

that i risked death by petticoat government , tipped the decorating bollox for a few hours and gave her a deep cleen :thumbsup

im pleased the brandy is going down well :thumbsup
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

metalguru

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 26, 2012, 06:49:44 PM
:qgaraduate  We need to start charging for these MG..... :hat10

Oh, and I finally found my exhaust analyser that's been AWOL for the last 15 months :eusa_dance

What a good idea BB, the proceeds could then fuel an alchoholic retirement combined with go anywhere bikes that go like they should......AAAAHHHH dreams........OOOPPS forgot you already are......

Glad the Co turned up, one starts getting dizzy bending over and sniffing exhausts.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chad

Quote from: metalguru on August 29, 2012, 12:19:23 AM
, one starts getting dizzy bending over and sniffing exhausts.

i did wonder , i thought to myself its a Tiger not a Dog  :5huh.................... :hat10 :hat10
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida