News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowering Girly-How do I do it?

Started by Ron in Buffalo, September 02, 2012, 02:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron in Buffalo

Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I have a search this forum  I am trying to lower my 1999 885i tiger. I get bits and pieces from other links/articiles but I am looking for a straight "how to". Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks Ron

metalguru

There are a few ways,
The easiest is to buy an aftermarket one built to suit your requirements. (885 is different to 955).
OR
I have an 04 Girly and I bought a good low mileage rear unit and took a coil from the spring. Personal preference here as I like the armchair comfort the std unit provides.

To do the front is to drop the forks through the yolks.

Plenty about suspension on here, just use search.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

PeteH

1st off, check that the seats on its lowest setting, then check the eccentric chain adjusters...above the center will give a lower bike, then do as metalguru suggested and lower the front to suit.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

cosmo

Be careful lowering the bike. The sidestand will have to be shortened as well.

I can do this. I have done this.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.