News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lighting switch

Started by Fross, September 04, 2012, 05:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fross

Has anyone fitted an earlier right hand switch cluster that contains the lighting switch to a 05 model that has the lighting switch blanked out? It looks like the wiring is there. So pluging in a switch should give me lighting control at the handle bars, or is it not that easy?
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Mustang

Quote from: Fross on September 04, 2012, 05:30:18 PM
Has anyone fitted an earlier right hand switch cluster that contains the lighting switch to a 05 model that has the lighting switch blanked out? It looks like the wiring is there. So pluging in a switch should give me lighting control at the handle bars, or is it not that easy?
it's that easy  :thumbsup

metalguru

They are the same as the old Thunderbird/Tiger and literally just plug and play.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Fross

Thanks for confirming what I'd hoped.
I can't get used to the lights being on without the engine running.
Much better to have an independent light switch like my previous Triumph had (1993 Trident Sprint).
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.

John Stenhouse

I bought one for "stretch" from the local stealer, was about £85 I think.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Fross

The main reason for asking the question in the first place was because I saw a 2nd hand one on eBay for £20.50 inc. postage. So have now made the purchase. Once it arrives I'll let you all know weather it goes straight on. Presuming I've bought the correct one of course!

Fross

The switch arrived today, so tonight I fitted it. It was as simple as Mustang and Metalguru said. Thanks guys. :thumbsup
A really good mod that is so simple and looks better than having a blanking 'name plate' on the RH switch control.
If anyone's interested, the one I bought on eBay was advertised as "Triumph 1999 ST 955 ST955i Sprint RHS Switchgear" So shows these were fitted to a range of Triumph models. I took a chance, it didn't say Tiger but looked correct in the photo and was exactly the right one.