News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Fork Measurements

Started by audiododd, September 07, 2012, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audiododd

I was looking into an issue where my bars don't look straight (maybe they are bent, maybe something else), and I decided to see if the fork tubes were at different heights in the clamps.  I measured it out and they were within a hair's bredth (about 0.003" to be specific) of each other.  Just out of curiosity, I looked in my service manual for how "deep" they should be and was surprised to see that they should be flush with the top of the triple clamp  :5huh 

I have a Haynes manual, and was wondering if anybody has a factory service manual that can verify this for me?  The forks were like this when I bought it used and it doesn't look like any of the springs/shocks have ever been replaced.

I still haven't figured out the un-straight handlebar thing, but I'm going away for my anniversary and don't think the misses would appreciate me out there fiddling with the bike before we leave.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln