News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Do you want a "General Motorcycle" or similar foru

Started by BigDave, February 04, 2005, 10:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

:idea:

In light of some recent threads that have been started here, I wanted to ask if you tiggers would want another forum for other motorcycling discussions? It could be General Motorcycling or Other Big Trailies or other ideas:?:

robbo

Dave,

I think it would be a good idea, I like this site and the people on it and much as I love to talk about my Tiger there is more to life.

To put it simply Why go elsewhere when all the like-minded people will be here.

Regards

Allan
best Regards

Robbo

Brock

I agree...take a look at the VFR site. OK, there's alot more of them than there are of us, but I'm sure there's potential for other forums. How about a "General Rants and Raves" one? I don't think Dulux paint is as good as it used to be, and my left knee's been giving me gyp lately.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "BigDave":idea:

In light of some recent threads that have been started here, I wanted to ask if you tiggers would want another forum for other motorcycling discussions? It could be General Motorcycling or Other Big Trailies or other ideas:?:

It could be good to have a general discussion thread, similar to 'Yo Momma' on ADV rider where we can just talk about anything in general, doesn't have to be biking related at all...

greg

Why not? I've certainly found bags of useful Tiger stuff here but there are other areas to cover which I go to other sites for, would much rather stay here than flit about all over the place.
2004 Girly.

tri99sprint

Yes, I agree, a seperate forum would be a good idea.
Chuck

SIBBO

Yes great we could chat about irelevant (i mean non tiger related subjects )without running the risk of infringeing the pure and sterile tigger forum matter :)

trotts

Good idea.  Like the VFR forum the UKGsers have a 'Talk Bollox/general' forum for anything.  However, as someone else has said there is more of them than us !  Is the site growing, more numbers etc to make it worth it?
Dave T

ridin gaijin

I think it's a good idea Big Dave--though maybe not quite as unrestricted as Jo Momma. Personally I'd get more out of hearing about and learning from others' motorcycling experiences than their politics, religion, flame o' the week, etc.

Thanks for thinking of it & bringing it up.  :)
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

tomla

check out the BARF board..they have everything but the freakin' sink on there, and it all rocks...

looch

Stick in the mud here.

While thigns are definitely getting busier, I don't think there's enough traffic to justify another forum just yet. If the name "General Tiger Forum" doesn't fit for what's going on here, then I'd rather the title be changed than a new forum created.
Looch

ArizonaKid

I like the Tiger specific info here and actually enjoy not having a lot of other peripheral BS to sort through.  Would like to see "Dealer Information", however, to provide a place where we could talk about our dealer experiences (good and bad).
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

Mr Mistoffelees

What !! there are other bikes out there  :shock:  :lol:
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

Bushwhacker

Why not just stick a general discussion forum out there and those who are not interested in non-tiger stuff do not have to open it.

If it gets used, then we needed it, if not, we didn't!

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

knarf

Lets not ruin a good thing or dilute a good thing, someother tiger forums are eh.. not all that busy.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning