News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TIGER GAS GAUGE

Started by BEEZZER, September 12, 2012, 03:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEEZZER

Finally figured out tonight what the gas gauge on my 02 Tiger is designed for. It is a perfect fit for the rubber suction cup on the mount for my Garmin GPS. Stuck it on there and drove around for an hour with no issues at all. Pop it off to go into store and just lick and replace. Now if I do get low at least I'll be able to find the closest gas station!

Bixxer Bob

If your gauge plays truth or dare like mine you won't miss it. I rely on the tripmeter. 200 miles, fill up, reset, repeat....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Advwannabe

As long as you can accept that the error on the fuel guage is +/- 10% you'll be fine.

Sadly I don't get as good a mileage as Bob, fill up at 300km just to be safe.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

BEEZZER

You have much more faith in your gauge than I ever had. It would be totally accurate when 100% full ....then drop a little before plummeting to the pin. Once in a while just for fun it would then pop back up to 1/3 . Interestingly though I find the  idiot light to be dead on  for the reserve. I also use the trip meter and use 300km as the benchmark. As for the Garmin...... I prefer old fashioned paper to get someplace and only rely on it for confirmation or if a detour pops up on the road. Other than that I see it as much like skiing with headphones ....too distracting.

Chris Canning

I must be lucky,even after changing the filter etc,from full it's 150 miles till it drops off the gauge and 40/50 to the light and it's always been like that.

deepsouthtiger

My gauge has been dead for 3 years........'ol trip meter trick for me as well.  Getting about the same 200 mile range and look for a station.  I think i might get a little better on the open road, but better safe than sorry.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

aesdj

I must have a weak right wrist as I've never had the light on and the other week I got too 230 miles and the light still had'nt come on. Ok let the wanking jokes begin.

JTT

Quote from: aesdj on September 17, 2012, 08:24:05 PM
I must have a weak right wrist as I've never had the light on and the other week I got too 230 miles and the light still had'nt come on. Ok let the wanking jokes begin.

maybe the lights burnt out  :XXsunsmile
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Sin_Tiger

Meaning he's been waning in the dark, that might explain it :pottytrain2
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint