News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

blue flame silencer

Started by daveb, September 17, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

bit of a busy night, running around. missed the delivery of the exhaust this morning as I was in work, managed to get to post office just before they closed. then fitted a Blue flame twin port silencer to the tiger, only took only 20 minutes from start to finish.

did run it without the blanking plug, took it for a spin to my bro, decided to fit the plug, as I dont want complaints as I go to work a little after 6 am

sounds sweet, nice silencer plus K & N air filter re-oiled

BigDan

I'm reminiscing just looking at it!
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

daveb

Quote from: BigDan on September 17, 2012, 10:37:41 PM
I'm reminiscing just looking at it!

sorrry Dan......but it sounded great this morning at 6-ish coming up the valley.  :thumbsup Thanks Dan its put a grin on my face

gilly527

I'm thinking of doing this exact thing to my bike, any chance you can post some more pics / a video with it running?
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i.

gilly527

Also, why did you go for the two outlet instead of the single outlet?
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i.

BigDan

Because two outlets look boss.

This is my bike with that exhaust on it

gilly527

You don't happen to know if the single outlet sounds the same do you?
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i.

BigDan

Single not as loud and will sound slightly different.

daveb

well, at the mo its a single outlet as the lower port has the plug in to,  only for the next few weeks  :thumbsup

Vid of Dans (old) can on my Tiger, baffle in and plug in

more photos here

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/DaveBelton/bike%20stuff/

daveb

lower plug removed - just washed the bike and 1st fire up of the day

deepsouthtiger

Quote from: gilly527 on September 20, 2012, 04:08:22 AM
You don't happen to know if the single outlet sounds the same do you?

I have the Blue Flame single port exhaust on my  '05 Tiger, sound is very very similar to the video posted by Big Dan.  Love the sound. deeper grumble than stock at idle and when you crack the throttle she can really scream.  One of the best mods I have done.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

tokalosh

+1 for the Blue Flame can...

Got one for my '06 and she sounds beautiful.  I chose the carbon fibre model.  Stays nice and cool.

You going to get the remap?  I did.  Smoothed out the acceleration--from a purr to a growl!

enjoy.
common sense just ain\'t so common these days
-------------------------------------------
\'06 Farkled Girly
(\'93 K75)
(\'95 Honda Sahara 350)

gilly527

Satin black blue flame twin outlet on order! I can't wait to get that sucker on my Girly and throw a TOR fuel map at her too!
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i.

gilly527

Does anyone happen to know the dealer code for the TOR map? My dealer when they pull up the fuel maps has for listed for the tiger but they are all numbers, there are no actual names for them?

Also, is there anywhere online that I can get the TOR map or whichever map is best for the Blue Flame exhaust per everyones recommendations? I know there are some on the TuneECU website, is it worth going with one of those?
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i.

Bixxer Bob

I don't think the available maps are compatible with the  Triumph gameboy.  As he's a dealer, why does he not just ring Triumph for advice?  Or you could download TuneECU and do it yourself since you are going to want to tweak it anyway...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...