News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

03 Girly blown headgasket

Started by hansi, September 26, 2012, 02:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansi

After talking to  Lonnie of "Triumph of Tacoma" in Washington State- a great guy and all around expert on Triumph a few times I decided to do as he suggested . Just replacing the rings will not do to make the Girly run perfect again. So there is going to be a complete rebuilt of the engine for me this winter.
But what to do for riding in the meantime? Got a second bike in the stable, but it is my wife's Kawasaki "AdVersys " [/img]
and  she does not share well.  Have not been able to ride my Girly since September and I have some serious withdrawal. I'm not kidding on that one! ADV-Touring is my escape from work related stress, one of the few things that I always can look forward to. To get things rolling again and perhaps do my planned trip to Baja this month I purchased a used engine off of ebay, same year and almost exact same mileage. Will have that used triple in my hand by next Tuesday and have it installed hopefuly by the coming weekend. The thought of going on an ADV-trip makes me almost salivate in anticipation .
Thank you very much for all the info and tips from you guys, I'm sure I will ask some more stupid questions here while rebuilding that engine.
Thanks J !