News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just thought I'd share....

Started by iansoady, September 27, 2012, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

After being unable to ride for nearly 2 years due to an arthritic knee I had it replaced earlier this year. And today for the first time since, rode the Tiger down for an MoT at my local (well 20 miles away) place.

I'd forgotten (a) how heavy the bloody thing was and (b) what an absolute delight it is to ride!
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

HockleyBoy

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle, you certainly miss it when you can't ride!

Go easy though, you don't want to drop a Tiger on your new knee.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

John Stenhouse

Glad your sorted and riding again.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

iansoady

Quote from: HockleyBoy on September 27, 2012, 05:36:04 PM
Go easy though, you don't want to drop a Tiger on your new knee.

Yes, I must admit to having a certain amount of concern over that - especially as I encounter several awkward low speed obstacles (mini roundabouts etc) as soon as I leave the house. But fortunately I still seem to remember how to deal with them!
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

The Midnight Rambler

Glad you're back on the road, at least you didn't miss a summer!
Keep it warm.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

2doggs

congrats on being on two wheels again.
2002 Tiger
2006 Speed Triple

Nick Calne

Lets hope the weather improves for you for a few months so you can get some time on the road!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chad

after loosing about the best part of a year on bikes due to a buggered back , i know how you feel , that first ride see's all the shackles drop away :XXsunsmile :XXsunsmile :XXsunsmile

stay safe and enjoy :thumbsup
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

cdubya

Nice work Ian. You being back on two wheels puts a big ol grin on my face as I know what it is like to not be able to ride. Enjoy....  :thumbsup
06 Girly