News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly TuneECU question

Started by SilverTiger, October 15, 2012, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverTiger

Does anyone know if I can check throttle body balance with TuneECU on my '06 Girly please?  I've seen conflicting views on various forums, suggesting that this function in the program isn't enabled for Sagem ECUs.  If I can do it, what RPM would be optimum to check the balance?  It would be very convenient to be able to check balance without having to get the tank off.  Thanks in advance.  Ian.,
2006 silver Triumph Tiger 955i
1975 Triumph Bonneville T140
1972 Kawasaki 500 H1B - now restored, very orange
1999 Yamaha R1 - bought new

Mustang

Quote from: SilverTiger on October 15, 2012, 08:02:34 PM
Does anyone know if I can check throttle body balance with TuneECU on my '06 Girly please?  I've seen conflicting views on various forums, suggesting that this function in the program isn't enabled for Sagem ECUs.  If I can do it, what RPM would be optimum to check the balance?  It would be very convenient to be able to check balance without having to get the tank off.  Thanks in advance.  Ian.,
you need a mercury stick, or the ones w/o merc  ...or a Morgan Carb tune works real well .
Idle is the engine speed you want to use to set the TB's , it's the same as setting carbs . you are setting them to be the same by using a vacuum reading .

SilverTiger

Thankyou Mustang.  One of the reasons I downloaded TuneECU and bought the cable was to be able to check the TB balance without having to remove the tank (I do realise that to adjust it I need to get the tank, filter etc. off.)  Just thought it was an extra easy check I could do from time to time.  Nevermind.  Cheers.
2006 silver Triumph Tiger 955i
1975 Triumph Bonneville T140
1972 Kawasaki 500 H1B - now restored, very orange
1999 Yamaha R1 - bought new