News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Center Stands How easy is it to put one up on it?

Started by Gravity Tester, October 23, 2012, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravity Tester

The Bank account is coming back (Scare is healing Nicely since selling a Kidney) Big Blue never had a center stand on it and from what I can gather one is not stock here in the States. So I have the Motech in the budget planed to do over the winter. Tried to put my buddies KTM990 on the stand and almost busted a nut. Has any one put an after market Stand on a 995i and how easy is it to get it up? Is it worth it or should I just get a rolling stand,Hoping to never get a flat out on the road. What is the general consensus?

Trophykev

Not tried aftermarket i have the genuine. Technique is important push stand to floor keeping heel up. Ensure both stand feet are on floor then push down with your foot much like climbing a step. Right hand on the footrest bracket just guides up and back. There is no lifting involved.
I have no issues despite a bad shoulder that i wouldnt put weight on.

gatorwesty

I have oem and it isnt too bad, all technique. I installed myself with no issues

cjmadura

I have the SW Motech stand on my 2006 955i, and it's an excellent unit.
There have been a lot of stories out there about how the oem unit eventually bends, unfastens itself from the bike, or just plain fails.

The effort required is minimal, and it truly depends on technique. I grab the left handlebar & the rear passenger foot peg mount. I then step down on the centerstand's lever firmly, first making sure both legs of the stand are evenly on the ground. Do it right and the bike lifts up and back. Very stable once up.
2006 Tiger 955 ("The Caspian")
2008 KLR650 Blue 21
2002 Tiger 955 Roulette Green (sold)
1991 Honda CBR1000F Red/Black "The Rocket"(sold)
1988 Honda CBR Hurricane 1000 Silver (sold)
1985 Yamaha FZ750 Yellow/Black/White (sold)