News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

riding in fog

Started by rybes, November 15, 2012, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

last night i had the opportunity to try ridin home in fog. was intrestin thats for sure. 35 miles with me visor up gave me one hell of a ice cream headache.
anyone have any good tips to stop fog mistin up the outside of me visor apart from constantly wipin it ? it also got me thinkin about fog lights, anyone got any advice for those ? i know its not often fog gets encountered but i live in a very wet part of england so mornin and evenin heavy mists can be a common problem especially as the nights are drawin in now.

cheers for ya advice  :hat10
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

HockleyBoy

Same for me this morning, only thing that helps me slightly is Rainex on the visor which lets the water bead of when you reach a reasonable speed, unfortunately you cant always reach that speed in fog!

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

A Pinlock or an alternative and a Bob Heath V wipe.

kraftykarper

Pinloks are good, I,ve got 1, but my Nolan flip front helmet does tend to mist up easily on the inside with my own breath.

By the way on the subject of lights, with an idea to improve the lighting on my 1050 do you, or anyone, have any recomendations?

SW Motech do some nice Hawk spot lights, are they any good, do they give a focused beam like an additional headlight?

They take 12V.H3. 55W BULBS, so they must be quite bright.

Anybody have experience of using these additional lights?

Bixxer Bob

For fog, the old idea of a yellow tint (like fog lights of years ago) actually works well.  As a youngster I used to have a yellow tinted visor and could see further with that than with a clear one.  Not seen one for years now....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

what is a pin lock ? seen it mentioned loads but still dont know what they are. ive found 80mph is best speed for me to shed water of the visor. not a good speed when ya visibilty is down to 100 meters tho...
problem i have with my visor is the shape. in the fog i get a strip of mist build up down the middle, i got an arai tour x. was a long time till i sussed out what was happenin.
ive seen yellow tints to put in visors but not a whole visor bob. if i remember where i see em ill post ya up a link.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

HockleyBoy

Quote from: rybes on November 16, 2012, 11:56:30 AM

ive seen yellow tints to put in visors but not a whole visor bob. if i remember where i see em ill post ya up a link.

These people have quite a few

http://www.racevisors.co.uk/category/motorbike-helmet-visors-for-motorcycle-helmets

Search for yellow in Motorcycle Helmet Visors
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: rybes on November 16, 2012, 11:56:30 AM
what is a pin lock ? seen it mentioned loads but still dont know what they are. ive found 80mph is best speed for me to shed water of the visor. not a good speed when ya visibilty is down to 100 meters tho...
problem i have with my visor is the shape. in the fog i get a strip of mist build up down the middle, i got an arai tour x. was a long time till i sussed out what was happenin.

Pinlock is an insert that goes on the inside of the visor and turns it into double glazed so to speak,there is a much better option but not available to the general public,Arai actually make a full double glazed visor for their sponsored race guys,I'm lucky enough to have one and they are nothing short of incredible.