News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engine temps

Started by rybes, November 22, 2012, 11:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

now the cold weathers got here ive noticed my temp gauage hardly moves of the bottom of the scale. does anyone know a way i can make it warm up again. i was thinkin of blockin of part of the rad to do it, good idea or not ?

actually come to think of it, its a 94 and as far as i know has never had a thermostat replaced. how long do they last ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

thermostats can last forever ...................
but if'n you are  bored you can take it out and drop it into a pail of boiling water as a mr wizard science experiment and you will see it open if it's any good .

rybes

thats a job for the weekend then, checkin the thermostat.  :thumbsup if thats ok, any ideas on how to up the runnin temp ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

card board over the radiator ....but if your fan comes on at any time then the covered radiator is NOT a good idea .

I would 'nt bother myself , it will be fine without doing anything .
In reality It actually gets hotter than the silly gauge likes to show .

Nick Calne

My temp gauge don't seem to move much except in the summer either.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

I've not had one of these gauges apart; is there a calibration reostat inside by any chance?  if there is you could make it read anything you want.   :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...