News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which pegs... Mustang or these?

Started by Alan Spears, December 05, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTT

Depends on what you want I suppose.   If your going roadracing then these might be an option but the Mustang ones provide grip and ability to actually stand on pegs
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Stitch

Never had a problem slipping off my mustang pegs with my size 13 boots.  I would not prefer the two piece design since the colored sleeve appears to be held on by a single bolt/screw. A wrong smack would shear it off. Knurling a bit small too.

Aside from that....let see....Chinese pegs or Mustangs?  Really?
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

audiododd

I don't know....this seems like a selling point to me:

- Mounting them on bike can upgrade rider's skill when turning the corners

If all I have to do is buy some pegs to upgrade my skill, I'm all over it!!

Now to just remove the tongue that's firmly implanted in my cheek :-)
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

John Stenhouse

Quote from: Alan Spears on December 05, 2012, 08:53:28 PMMustangs are 100.00 these are 40.00 is it worth 60.00 more for the Mustangs?

In a word.......YES

Best mod I have made to the Tiger, full stop, loads more comfortable and nicely made. Those are for rear set racing pegs and strike me as positively uncomfortable
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Alan Spears

Timbox2

+1 for Mustangs again, even with the postage to the UK I thought they were good value, I bought Touratech ones before and they were dearer than Mustangs and nowhere near as good, they broke the first time the old feline decided to have a lie down.
2016 Tiger Sport

Easy Tiger

Go for the Mustang pegs, I'm 6'3 and have tried some different options and found Mustang's to be a good fit and very well made.
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

Chad

Quote from: Timbox2 on December 09, 2012, 12:30:40 PM
+1 for Mustangs again, even with the postage to the UK I thought they were good value, I bought Touratech ones before and they were dearer than Mustangs and nowhere near as good, they broke the first time the old feline decided to have a lie down.

another uk vote for the mustangs here , you get what you pay for top quality :thumbsup

those pretty things wont give the footprint  to spread the load for the comfort
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

LTB

+1 for Mustang!

They are comfy, well made and unbreakable.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

iansoady

Or for those of us a little more financially challenged:

Buell footrests improved with a coat of satin black and a light pass over the "teeth" with production paper. £50.

As described in these pages by Stretch.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650