News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new addition for me tiger

Started by rybes, December 08, 2012, 11:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

last week saw somthin on ebay for a 5er so ive been say all week watchin it. cant beleive i actually won it for 5 quid  :eusa_clap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TIGER-1050-SWINGING-ARM-/261135696336?ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:3160&nma=true&si=g9RdZi7EHpdzMfBJSyJaoRQFg1Q%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

now its just a case of when i get back to england, im in denmark for xmas n new year  :thumbsup  to try it up n see if it fits.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Nice one Rybes mate, especially if it fits... errr..  fits what exactly?  If it's your steamer it'll add to the uniqueness of it, but- even if the wheel is the right width (ok custom spacers should sort that) - won't you need to change rear brake caliper mounting etc?  And what about shock mount?  Oh boy, this is going to be fun.  Count me in if you need help!

I can do spacers if reqd btw  :hat10

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

yeah its for the steamer mate. at 5 quid plus a tenner for postage even if it dont fit i could cut the brace of and weld it to my arm. same as with the brakes. even if i have t go out in the future and get the 1050 bits. 5 quids worth the gamble.
cheers for the offer of the spacer makin too Bob. dont worry when it comes to fittin it ill be lettin ya know  :thumbsup

rf9rider

Nice bargain mate.
Be interesting watching this when or if you get it fitted, and i can vouch for Bixers spacers, he made me a couple.  :hat10

Sin_Tiger

This is going to be interesting   :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

i cant wait to get back and get the spanners and tape measure out  :hat10

Bixxer Bob

TAPE MEASURE???  Oh dear God......  :BangHead
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

yeah, tape measure  :thumbsup makin dummies out of plasticine was such a hit and miss affair  :qgaraduate

Bixxer Bob

rybes

well after some major messin around cos ups delivered the parcel to the wrong address ive been told that its finally made its way to where it shouldve gone. now i cant wait to get home n the spanners twirlin  :thumbsup see ya soon bob  :wave  :notworthy

Sin_Tiger

Do us a favour and UPS the angle grinder to someone before you start :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

angle grinder ? too posh for me mate. i use hammer n bolster chisels  :pimp

Bixxer Bob

rybes

see, bob knows  :thumbsup if it dont fit, ya aint hittin it hard enough  :ImaPoser

rybes

guess what ?

it dont fit  :pottytrain2

its 21mm to wide and has a single suspension mountin point instead of a twin one. this is gunna be fun.
the mighty bixxer bob come round today and had a look at it with me. its goin to take some machinin work, hittin with hammers, head scratchin and swearin but hopefully i can get it too fit.

cheers for poppin round today bob  :thumbsup