News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tall seat?

Started by Papalobster, January 04, 2013, 08:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papalobster

I lowered my pegs and took the rubbers off, I still need a little more seat to peg room. My knees aren't getting any younger, and I'm bent a bit too much still. I put a crack in my Steamer seat moving it around in the single digits, so now I have a reason to get it recovered/raised. Is there anyone recommended that can add an inch or 2 to the seat?

I have a local shop that does decent work, but I'd rather go to a bike specific place.

Before you coment on how tall the the Steamer is, keep in mind I'm 6'7" with a close to 38" inseam :sign13

rybes

38  :5huh  i thought i had long legs with 36. ive got a corbin seat on mine and the extra width does help with footpeg distance. theres some bloke called digger whos supposed to be good for bike seats

http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/Home.html

ya could always get mustangs lowered foot pegs as well. i think he supplies em now to a place in england. there ment to be good and are on my shoppin list :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

theclowncrusty

I can confirm that Mustangs foot pegs are a good purchase. Well made and drop your feet just over and inch i think, doesn't sound like much but i bet the missus wouldn't mind that bit extra.....lol
Also have a corbin that i got off E-bay, still not made up my mind about that yet, it does spread your legs wider than normal but i find i only notice the difference when i have got my feet on the floor, not so much when i am riding?
Crusty

rf9rider

Mustangs lowered pegs have been one of my best mods, no more knee ache on longish rides.

I would have recommended Digger seats too, but i see your`e in the USA.

Perhaps someone from over there could recommend someone?

Papalobster

I already dropped my pegs an inch and they tend to scrape when ridden aggresively that's why I was looking for a taller seat.

Shipping to/from UK may be a tad pricey :doubt

fishnbiker

I had the same problems with my arthritic knees before installing Highway pegs. I now tend to move my legs around depending on the type of riding. Highways find my feet on the rear pegs for about 75% of a ride, 15% on the Mustang pegs, with the rest stretching out front. That along with my Corbin seat make the bike comfy for an honest 12 hours / day. I also lowered the rear pegs 3"

Off road finds me standing about half the time with my stock bars tipped forward on Roxshock 2.5" risers.

Photos at  [url]http://fishnbiker.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Motorcycle-Travel/2012-BC-Big-Adventure-Traily/25505560_XdNZdP#!i=2101949956&k=94JGLZs&lb=1&s=X2/url]

Take a peak at the other photos also
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE