News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowered foot pegs?

Started by Rallyroo, January 07, 2013, 08:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rallyroo

And before everyone shouts, "Mustang!!" yes, I know about Mustang's footpegs.  :thumbsup

My question is, are there pegs that might give even a little more leg room? A 1.25" drop is reasonable, although I'm currently running pegs off a WR250, which are quite below stock, and I could go even lower. I'm pretty tall (shorter than some here though, apparently!), and standing on this bike is a little unnatural. I plan to raise the bars as well, so that might help.

The other issue is I don't want to spend 5% of the bike's value just on footpegs - the cheaper the better, and something that can be bodged on would be perfect! Any ideas out there? 

Mustang

if the bike has stock handlebars on it still , theres your problem with standing .
The OEM's are swept back and down .
A good cheap replacement is a set of Moose ATV bend bars for 20 bucks and being steel they don't get all buzzzy like Pro tapers do . Makes a huge difference in standing while riding .
I have them on two of my tiggers .
I have  pro tapers are on tigger 2 and are very nice too , but you need some risers with them and they buzz . And you are over a hundred bones before you can ride it .

rf9rider

Mustang, my ATV moose bars just arrived from Dennis Kirk, are you using the bar end weights?

There`s no threaded end inserts, just wondering if they vibrate without them?

I could get some inserts welded in or use some aftermarket rubber inserts that expand when you screw the bolt in.

Mustang

i made some expanding inserts out of aluminum for mine , but yeah the rubber ones work too , to hold the bar ends on .
also don't forget to drill the bars for the little locator nubs on the tiggers controls . I dont reccomend removing the nubs from the controls as they will tend to rotate on ya if you do.

rf9rider

Thanks, thats me sorted for the weekend. :hat10

rybes

Quote from: Mustang on January 24, 2013, 02:36:15 AMls . I dont reccomend removing the nubs from the controls as they will tend to rotate on ya if you do.

:iagree

if ya do do that. if you can get some of that vulcanised rubber (self-amalgamating) tape that sticks to its self a couple or 3 wraps of that and they stay tight again. dont ask me how i know this  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Gonna drill the new bars.

Good idea with the double sided tape though  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I moved the amalgamating tape chat to General Discussions.  This Moderator stuff is cool :XXsunsmile
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Good Lord what have you done  :doubt
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 28, 2013, 09:14:04 AM
Good Lord what have you done  :doubt

The Force is with me..  (as long as Mustang says so anyway.. ) :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Rallyroo

So... back on topic, what I think I'm going to do is install the proper bars for my height first, and see how much extra standing room I need. Then, weld in plates to my existing footpegs to drop them the requisite amount. Then jump on them to make sure they hold up!  :thumbsup