News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Panniers needed for 885 Girly

Started by Moorso, January 09, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moorso

Hi everyone.....I am stuck.
Have tried and tried and been told by my local (Belfast) Triumph dealer that panniers are no longer made for the 885 Girly. He swears that Givi and other makes no longer make them either.

Does anyone know of any manufacturer that makes them - I also need the racks to fit them to the bike too.

Please help!!  :notworthy
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Bixxer Bob

Givi do various racks and universal fitting kits.  I would email them and ask their advice. My experience (2 contacts in 10 years) is that they are very helpful.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

vince

the givi racks and fittiings are the hard bit to find the turn up on fleabay occasionally as for the panniers most givi panniers fit the givi, non fandango and others i believe, some one else will probably confirm this, as for the factory luggage i've got a pair of caspian blue  panniers and a complete fitting kit from my  955i not sure if they fit but i'm open to offers 
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Chris Canning

Just buy a secondhand set of 955 panniers and fittings their the same as the 885i the only difference is the spare parts number like the exhaust pipe,although to complicate thing the aftermarket pipe has a different number becuase it has a link pipe were as the 955 doesn't,well it did have a link pipe whe they used to make e'm  :thumbsup

rf9rider

Moorso

Many thanks guys - I was unsure if a set of 955 panniers would fit....but if they do that's great.
I have the stock exhaust on her....pic should be below.

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Chris Canning

Quote from: Moorso on January 10, 2013, 11:24:31 AM
Many thanks guys - I was unsure if a set of 955 panniers would fit....but if they do that's great.
I have the stock exhaust on her....pic should be below.

Maybe it's the angle of photo,but I can't see the collector box?,does it have one?,because if it hasn't that ain't stock.

Oh and I see the guard has dropped off the headers!!

And to give you an idea how close they are all the bodywork on my 955 is off an 885i.

Moorso

Hi Chris

Have attached more images below.....be interested to hear what's missing....wasn't aware anything was!!  :notworthy

2013 Triumph Explorer

Moorso

2013 Triumph Explorer

Chris Canning

The guard on the bottom of the header pipes was welded on,there was a recall on the early version they had a habit of breaking the weld's and dropping off,mine disappeared on a motorway in the South of France,Triumph fitted another set of headers when I got home but it was a crap idea.

With the 885i Triumph had the headers going into a square collector box and the silencer connected to that,when you bought the aftermarket silencer it came with a connecting pipe from the headers to the can,which yours has.

So if you want to buy an aftermarket can,any 955 advertised version is the same.

Chris Canning

What I forgot!!,find yourself an original square collector box,and you'll get a lot more grunt at the expense of the top end,the problem being the 885i is a little short of that anyway so it's catch 22.