News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Aftermarket handlebars for 03 Girly

Started by hansi, February 02, 2013, 07:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansi

Dealer told me that the handlebars on my 03 Girly are slightly tweaked (Never noticed, but he is the expert, right??). Since I'm selling the bike I want to replace the bars with aftermarket ones. Thought it was going to be easy to pick out the right ones, but I have to admit I'm more than confused with all the different measurements like "rise" and "height", "sweep" and "bend"..............
What aftermarket handlebars are you using??? What measurements?

Mustang

IF YOUR SELLING , take 50 bucks off the price and let the new owner deal with it and that way he can decide if they need to be replace and / or can pick what they want . :thumbsup

Chris Canning

Quote from: hansi on February 02, 2013, 07:33:21 PM
Dealer told me that the handlebars on my 03 Girly are slightly tweaked (Never noticed, but he is the expert, right??). Since I'm selling the bike I want to replace the bars with aftermarket ones. Thought it was going to be easy to pick out the right ones, but I have to admit I'm more than confused with all the different measurements like "rise" and "height", "sweep" and "bend"..............
What aftermarket handlebars are you using??? What measurements?

There has never been an exact replacement,you want bars like your originals thats what you have to buy,why that is the case and we have never been able to buy any??? good question.

NKL

If you didn't notice the bars being bent what makes you think the new owner will, just leave it, if they notice knock a bit of money off.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

hansi

Thanks for the replies. Had a pre-purchase inspection done by the request of a potential buyer, an inmate over at ADV, at the Triumph Dealer in Medford, OR. They nitpicked my Girly apart pretty badly and made it sound to the buyer over the phone that I was trying to sell a rusting,neglected, bad running bike that has been down several times.  Think they even told the pot. buyer over the phone that the engine was "loping"  and the written report ( that I now have in my hand after only having to ask them five times for it) states "rough idle".  When my bike idles, the rpm gauge stays absolutely steady and it just sounds like a triple idling to me. This bike never sits for more than three or four days at a time, I'm riding year round and it is in very good mechanical condition, I'm proud to take really good care of my Girly. It was bought as an ADV-Tourer/Dualsport and ridden as such.
Of cause the buyer backed out of the deal, I would have done the same thing hearing all the negatives. Talked to the him on the phone and he was really nice about it, but the damage was done.
I feel my reputation as an honest person got badly damaged, so I will do anything possible to reverse that. Hence I'm starting with replacing the bars.
Don't really know what the motivation of the dealer was on this, but he can kiss my skinny white a..  :pottytrain2 .

Sorry about the rambling.

cosmo

If you'd gotten to the actual replacement, you'd've noticed that Triumph handlebars are not quite so easily replaceable.

Seems Triumph had a large batch of bespoke 'bars made up. Lots of tweaks, bits welded to the ends, and a variety of holes 'ere and there.

Not that it's impossible, just more work than it's worth, mostly.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.