News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Neutral Switch Connections.

Started by sweller, February 10, 2013, 06:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweller

Whilst refitting the carbs after changing worn out emulsion tubes I snagged the neutral switch wire and pulled it out.  This is a bit of a pain as as you know it's part of the starting circuit.

Problem is I don't know where it was pulled out from.  So, does anyone know the location of the neutral switch connections at the engine end on a '96 UK spec Tiger?

Factory manual rather unhelpful on this.

Thanks,

Simon
Simon

Brighton
England

Mustang

remove the seat , there should be a relay bolted to the left rear of the fuel tank mount . follow the wires from that relay and you will find the connectors for the neutral switch  :thumbsup

sweller

Thanks for the reply - my machine is slightly modified but the starter relay is still more or less where it should be; my problem is where the connection has come out at the engine end of the (light green) wire.

All is fine when I earth the stray bit of wire I have - except of course it's not earthing through the neutral switch.

I'm hoping it won't necessitate removing the carbs again - it took much swearing to get the airbox connections to fit!

Simon
Simon

Brighton
England

Mustang

look down at the left hand side sump, in behind the water pump and kick stand switch ...thats where the neutral switch is

Bixxer Bob

And off topic, I did carbs on a friend's Steamer and was worried about the rubbers after reading horror stories on here.  Turns out if you smear some washing up liquid around the insides they slip on really easily.  No drama at all :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

sweller

Now I've found where the wire came from it was an easy job to put on a new connector and I now have a working neutral light.  Hooray!

On carb refitting - I sprayed a small amount silicone spray on the rubbers to make them easier but still a faff to do.

Thanks,

Simon
Simon

Brighton
England