News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rapid Bike vs Power commander

Started by rcgomes, February 10, 2013, 04:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcgomes

hello! I am interested in buying something to improve the power of the bike, most of the pple here uses Dynojet PC3, but it seems that does not fit on all bikes! imagining that change of bike, need to buy new one! now saw on the net Rapid bike which they say is better than the PC and when changing bike, just buy adquate cable for the model. anibody uses here? i need some help for a tiger 955!

product or do the same things and to change to the other bike and so on

thanks for help

Bixxer Bob

Save yourself a load of money and learn to use TunECU. It's free and will alter the bike's maps. A power Commander does the same by changing the ECU output. Since the Girly standard maps are pretty awful, a PC won't make them any better than building a custom tune.  I haven't done any for ages now, but Metal Guru has some good ones.

Bear in mind that if power goes up, fuel efficiency and rideability go down.  I have a tune that, with my Blueflame can, gives 102 BHP at the rear tyre. Great fun, with any angry rasp and lots of go, but after a while the very harsh vibration and lumpy bottom end get to you.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

What BB says, problem is the Sagem Injection system, not many, if any, have produced stuff for them, think youll find Rapid Bike as well as Dynojet only started with the 675, 800, 1050's with Keihin Injection.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Well strangely enough this is were the old Tiger was way ahead of it's time with it having a remapable ECU,PC's and Rapid Bike?? hmm,time is moving on and instead of a piggy back it's all about having a map blown direct into the ECU,or better still being able to tinker just like you can with a Tiger!!!,

Oddly enough collected my K1200 this afternoon after have a Rexxer(google it) map blown in,fat chance of riding it in this weather but an interesting print out on the dyno and I'm familiar with the said dyno I've had and seen other bikes on it which helps,oddly despite many postings on here about fuelling,don't ever remember see a dyno print out,and before anyone ask's it's the curve that makes good reading not the dyno numbers.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 10, 2013, 07:22:28 PM
.....oddly despite many postings on here about fuelling,don't ever remember see a dyno print out,and before anyone ask's it's the curve that makes good reading not the dyno numbers.

Here y' go Chris, I posted mine ages ago:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,8407.msg62230.html#msg62230
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Must be my bad memory for life of me I can't remember that,but jeeze I'm a bit take aback how close the two maps are.

Actually I better rephrase that 'How close they are after looking at my Rexxer map on the K.'

Bixxer Bob

Bear in mind :

a. I didn't have long on  the dyno and had never had access to one previously.
b. The changes we made were not so much trial and error as cause and effect.
c.  With the limited time available we were going for 13 to 1 AF to fill in the huge midrange hole, extra power was a bonus.
d. None of us were experts, the guy who owned it at the time was a club racer and used it for jetting carbs, he had no FI experience either.
e. All I paid was £30 pr hour dyno time.

Chris Canning

Hence why you'll see very few posts from me on the mapping/fuelling posts,with a racing background I've seen the end results of getting it wrong,and yea sure I have the luxury of being able to drop back onto folk who know their way around fuelling and a dyno.

rcgomes

you guys heave the right! my Tiger have the carbon blueflame + TOR and 110hp at the rear wheel!very good power! happens that past Saturday i try a Ducati MS1200 full AKAP + rapid bike (says the owner) the thing we change the bikes (for try) and me on the freeway, I was crazy with Ducati and took a beating in the wind! 280klmh ON A trail BIKE HUM?? my head is crazy! i cant belive, but i touched 275k+- klmh and i belive in a descent still gave more!!  my beautiful tiger leaves dust in the GS and KTM! imagine the MS1200! but i think if i go Marrocos/desert in the MS Maby i stay in the road (more problems). the tiger eat all the sand no problem in marroco!!! I dont like to sell my Tiger  :love10 but this ms is crazy :(

Chris Canning

Without doubt riding a Multi does widen ones parameters.

rcgomes

yes, teh Triumph and Ducati are very special bike manufact, the MS is  like a sport bike but taller!!! and the torque is like  RR motocicle!! i Ride a GS and the Tiger gave more Down and middle torque!!! the MS have lucky to be more lightweight! otherwise is like the Caponord only gets good power above 6000rpm, for mountain road is not good...I wish triumph make one 1200 like the tiger 1050 "sporty way" and lighter  not 250kg

Chris Canning

Nothing to do with the thread but you'll know RC