News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So how much does that tank hold?

Started by 97tiger885, February 17, 2013, 03:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

Almost ran out of gas today.  Put in 6.78 US gallons. 

Mustang

from episodes I've had............. :hat10 I'd say you were  running on what was left in float bowls only

Frosties

The tank holds 25 Litres (whatever that works out to in US Galls).

Mustang

25 liters is 6.604 US gallons, he was running on fumes only  :hat10

Sin_Tiger

I can confirm that, please don't ask how  :doubt in fact it took almost 25.2 litres, which probably included filling the float bowls  :hat10
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

I come close to running out on the hack a lot of the time .....I'm used to seeing tigger 2 go for at least 250 miles before it hits reserve . the hack gets 25 mpg and sometimes less , she hits reserve at 140 ish  and then the reserve doesn't go as far as I am used to with the solo tiggers . there have been  numerous times the hack has taken 6.5 gallons or more at a fuel stop
trust me you aint pushing a hack very far without gas  :BangHead

Bixxer Bob

But the hack has room for a Jerry can right?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Frosties

Just to throw a spanner in the works (cos i like doing it)..........anyone really trust that just because the fuel pump says it has delivered 1 gallon that you actually got 1 gallon. What if you only got 0.9 gallons for your hard earned folded ?

I'll get me popcorn, sit back and watch this one role out.. :hat10 :hat10

Sin_Tiger

Mustang, you are giving me some worries about putting a chair on a Steamer now but then again the chair would be for the missus, the dog can either go pillion or sit on the tank  :hat10 and if I run dry she can help me push  :pottytrain2

In the UK at least, I wouldn't worry too much about quantities at the pumps, I used to pump petrol back in the days when it wasn't all self service and Trading Standards were regular visitors, strict and dead straight, hopefully that is still the case. Out here it might not be so cut and dried in more rural locations, but in the real of the beaten track places it is displayed in 1.5 litre clear plastic bottles on the stall by the roadside, so you know how much you are getting. Quality is another question altogether  :pimp
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint