News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WANTED: 2x Inlet Valves for Steamer

Started by sweller, March 24, 2013, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweller

I'm after two usable inlet valves for a 1996 Steamer.

I'm in the UK - Brighton in East Sussex.

Anyone breaking an engine and prepared to post to to me?  Drop me a PM or reply to discuss cost etc.

I've gone below the minimum shim size and the view of the local engine man is the valves are too soft on these engines and have worn out.  I'm trying to keep costs down on what is essentially a "bangernomics" bike.

Cheers!
Simon

Brighton
England

John Stenhouse

From what has been posted on here it's not the valves themselves but the the seats that are too soft.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Sorry just re read your post, inlet valves? It's usually the exhaust that cause trouble, maybe you do have a soft valve or two
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

Nope inlets are what go on the steamers ....................
and it is the head more than the valves , there is no cure other than expensive head rework or find a low mile head on ebay or wrecker .

If you find different I'll be truly amazed . But I can guarantee with almost 99.9% certainty that it's the head .

sweller

Mustang - I suspect you're bang on about the head and valves. Probably an element of clutching at straws.

I've got some undersize shims as a temporary measure - I may shorten the valves a touch but need to get the head off to examine it properly.

Although, I need to get it to bloody start first!

Simon

Brighton
England