News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need help with sidestand kill switch install

Started by BP_LONDON, February 18, 2005, 01:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

My sidestand kill switch has died. The bike will not go into gear without cutting the engine out, so I'm 99% sure I need to replace that sidestand switch. Is it something I can do myself? The part is only £20, so it's fortunately not an expensive part. I'm only concerned about fitting it..I dont have a factory manual so I'm not sure if there's any tricky bit I need to know about before trying this myself. Any help would be appreciated.

barjan

I removed the switch once, because it was malfunctioning, but it only apeared to be stuck because of dirt. WD40 yeah!.  8)

So, without removing anything, be sure to check that the pin of the switch comes out if the sidestand is pulled in. If not, spray the pin with WD40 or so (try to lift the rubber a bit) and try to get it out. If so, spray it some more en move the sidestand a few times. That's the cheapest solution.

It's easy, especially if you have a center stand.

If it's really broken, it's easy to unscrew and there should be a connector somewhere so follow the wire. It can't be that hard to do.

BP_LONDON

Switch isn'tbroken afterall...was justa bit dirty and itgot stuck :oops:  :roll:

barjan

Glad it's is the cheapest solution.  8)