News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Signing off

Started by Spud, April 25, 2013, 02:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Signing off for a 10 day break in not so sunny central France, story of my life head towards the sun and the rain follows

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

threepot

Taking the bike? Have a good trip :wave
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Hope you get some decent weather, ride safe  : :wave
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Yes on the bike, hoping to do at least 3000 miles. Over night ferry tonight

Sin_Tiger

Don't forget the pictures :hat10
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Did not make the ferry yesterday, going down the motorway the bike felt really "fluffy" on acceleration and when it had gone dark the lights were pretty dim. I started fearing a stator/rectifier problem as last time they went in scotland a year or so back the engine lacked humph. Tested battery this morning and that seems ok, so I'm not sure what's gone on.  :doubt  So I'm getting mate to check it out tomorrow before going back

Dutch

That's what you get from meaking us all jealous  :pottytrain2

Nevertheless, hope it's nothing serious and that you can continue soon  :wave

iansoady

I think I'd have been tempted to get the ferry anyway - at least if it broke down in France you could enjoy good food & wine while you fixed it / waited for the breakdown people to bring you home.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Spud

was tempting but as I understand it, if recovery costs more than the value of your bike they make you an offer rather than recover it cheers Spud

vince

sorry to hear of your dilemma  if your desperate I've got a new rectifier in the garage. :thumbsup
give us a shout if your stuck and i'll pm you my phone number :XXcomputer

what company is this ??

Quote from: Spud on April 28, 2013, 07:11:34 PM
was tempting but as I understand it, if recovery costs more than the value of your bike they make you an offer rather than recover it cheers Spud
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Spud on April 28, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

That's a scarry thought!

Spud

RAC it's in the fine print, but worth checking with all recovery firms. They will recover you to a local garage but not home if the costs of recovery exceeds the value of your bike. That's my understanding.

NKL

I think they all have that in their terms and conditions.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100