News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fluffy throttle

Started by Spud, April 28, 2013, 09:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Did not make the ferry yesterday, going down the motorway the bike felt really "fluffy" on acceleration and when it had gone dark the lights were pretty dim. I started fearing a stator/rectifier problem as last time they went in scotland a year or so back the engine lacked humph. Tested battery this morning and that seems ok, so I'm not sure what's gone on.    So I'm getting mate to check it out tomorrow before going back

cheers Spud  :thumbsup   

Spud

If anyone has any thoughts on the issue please add a post cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Battery needs to be tested under load to be sure its ok. 

What do you mean by fluffy throttle?

Have you Tune ECU? Are there any fault codes?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Spud

open throttle and it seems to bog not a massive amount but enough at times to mess up an overtake, problem is it's not all the time. Ran it for 160 miles yesterday and it was still there. I thought it was not going to start today, it span over ok but was hesitant to fire which is unusual. Ran it for another 275 miles today and seem somewhat better.
I have not done any ECU tests as I would nbot have a clue how to, to be totally honest. 

Spud

Hypotheses

1. I have an intermitant fault that will only appear at the most inconvenient times, like my RR and stator dying in Ullapool Scotland

2. The bike had little use over the winter (unusual for me) so needed several tanks of fuel through it to get rid of the "damp" as in the good old days when you vehicle was sluggish and you lifted the dizzy cap cleaned it bit of damp start and away you went

3. I've been a "flange" and let my over active imagination getting the best of me and costing me a trip to France.

I will get a diagonostic check done, since they put computors on vehicles I was screwed  :BangHead  cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Spud

Bike ran fine today.

Multi meter on tick over 13.5 volts, all light on,  horn sounding, satnav on, drops to 12.7 rev above tick over goes back to 13.5 volts

Sin_Tiger

I hate that   :doubt being an engineer I actually am happier when I find something broke  :eusa_clap my imagination goes into overdrive till I nail it down
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

iansoady

Quote from: Spud on April 30, 2013, 04:54:10 PM
Bike ran fine today.

Multi meter on tick over 13.5 volts, all light on,  horn sounding, satnav on, drops to 12.7 rev above tick over goes back to 13.5 volts

Sounds fine to me. You can get on tonight's ferry!
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Spud

Going to brittany on Thursday cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Spud

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 30, 2013, 05:34:38 PM
I hate that   :doubt being an engineer I actually am happier when I find something broke  :eusa_clap my imagination goes into overdrive till I nail it down

yeah i know what your saying part of me thinks FFS break down and I can deal with it the other part thinks great it's running now. Well it's off to Ecosse on the 18th of May.

I was being a "flange" ?