News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Speedo

Started by lj, May 11, 2013, 12:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lj

hi every one i am new on here as i have just brought my first tiger its a 955i.
this morning when i was at the bike shop looking at the bike,the battery was flat and would not charge,so we put a new battery on after doing so i took the bike for a test ride and noticed the speedo was not working. later when i got the bike home a noticed that the neddle had gone the wrong side of the pin on the speedo face, so now when you pull off on the bike the neddle just goes up to the pin and cant go past it. i did notice when the battery was flat the neddle on the speedo went up half way and as we put the new battery on the neddle went to zero as i had thought but went the wrong way.
does anyone know a way of getting this back to the right road?
thanks lj :icon_scratch:

Bixxer Bob

First things first LJ.

To start with, welcome; this is a friendly forum so settle in.

Next, we are global, so in your profile you need to fill in your location so we at least know which country you are in.

Then, why did you buy a bike that had problems on the test ride??

Going on to your fault, I've never seen that before on a speedo.  I had mine start at 4k once when the dealer installed the wrong map but never seen one go the wrong way.  As the speedo is electronic it shouldn't be possible but I can see I'm about to learn something here.  Others will be along with their view, but for now, do some reading on charging issues, the search button works really well.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Start with the easy stuff, putting that battery on caused it so try taking the lead off and watch the speedo, see if it re sets itself. You may have to leave it a while then re connect and see.

It's all I can think of  :5huh
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rf9rider

I can`t see how a flat battery would have caused the needle to jump over the pin?

Only fix i see is to dismantle the clocks and lift the needle back over.

lj

Thanks for your replys.
i have now sorted it,when i put a old battery with no power on the bike and connected a boster charger to the battery it sent the neddle up to the top,turd the ignition off and the neddle returd to zero.

Bixxer Bob

Ht i ot understanding is the needle moving in the first place; something weird going on here :icon_scratch:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...