News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A Few Screws loose

Started by Gravity Tester, June 30, 2013, 05:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravity Tester

Well not rely lose more Like I am an Idiot and I can not find where these two 10mm hex head screws go.

Yesterday I changed  Antifreeze on Big Blue (06 Girly) This meant taking the Tank off. When all was said and done I have these two screws left over.They are the same as the two that are under the wind screen holding the cowling to the instrument cluster. I took every thing back off but could not find a home for them. I know this is one of those stupid moves a newbie does but so be it. Any help would be Great.

On a side note I want to say Thank to Stretch for the great instructions for pulling the tank!!! Very Helpful and informative.  Removed a lot of my fears.

My next lesson for this site will be how to add Pictures.

JTT

My guess is they are used for the indicator (blinker) panels (the black plastic  panels the indicator stocks are attached to).  These have 3 bolts each holding them on, one at side rear, one on the inside next to the forks, and one at the front, on the underside of the panel/fairing.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Gravity Tester

Thanks JTT
As near as I can tell the blinker panel screws all tool to be 5mm head screws. But will look again.

JTT

Sorry, reading comprehension is not a strong suit for me obviously  :hat10  Did you have the fairing off?  There are actually 4 of those cap screws holding the fairing on.

http://www.bikebandit.com/2003-triumph-tiger-955i/o/m121594#sch565862
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Gravity Tester

JTT :notworthy :notworthy
Thank You I never Even saw those holes!!! All Set!!  :icon_salut: