News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

replacement spark plug wires for 98? (ignition cables)

Started by tgrrdr, July 04, 2013, 09:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgrrdr

I've been having issues with my 98 Tiger because I left it sitting for a couple years. It's almost sorted out but there's a problem with one of the spark plug wires. Unfortunately it appears that Triumph only sells replacements as a set of 3 and they're $120.

Any recommendation where I can get one wire only or is there a cheaper aftermarket part available that I couldn't  find?

I tried a search and found one thread where a guy fab'd his own but I'm not up for that right now.

thanks
Bill
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

Mustang

do a search for nology hot wires on ebay
some of the sellers are around 80 bucks for set of three ...............
they work great

tgrrdr

Quote from: Mustang on July 04, 2013, 03:45:31 PM
some of the sellers are around 80 bucks for set of three ...............
they work great

thanks Mustang.

The only ones I found on ebay are $93 but they could take up to two weeks to get here. Are they better than the Triumph ones? 30 bucks is 30 bucks but I probably can't leave my bike sitting in the shop for two weeks waiting for parts (not sure how long it will take to get them from Triumph, didn't ask that question).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nology-HotWires-Triumph-All-Models-95-02-L3-Black-/120753830624?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1d7d3ae0&vxp=mtr#shId
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

London_Phil

tgrrdr

Quote from: Mustang on July 04, 2013, 03:45:31 PM

so I ordered a set of the nology hot wires today. Five minutes after I ordered them I got an email that they were shipped. USPS from San Diego to SF should only take a couple days so I hope they're delivered Monday or Tuesday. I'll let you know how it works out when I pick up the bike next week.

thanks again for the advice.
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

nightrunner

I need to check kin here more often.  I switched to TT600 coils years ago.  Would have been happy to sell you a wire.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

tgrrdr

Quote from: nightrunner on July 20, 2013, 08:08:19 PM
Would have been happy to sell you a wire.

thanks Scott. I picked my bike up on Monday and it's running much better. I haven't ridden it in a long time and am amazed how much different it feels compared to my KLR (and what I remember). I forgot to get my old plug wires but the mechanic emailed me that he still has them and I'm going to pick them up Monday. Will post up in the classifieds so if someone needs one (or two) in the future they'll be there (assuming I don't lose them).
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0