News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tourance vs Scorpion Trail ?

Started by NortonCharlie, July 27, 2013, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have checked in here.  I have been riding a lot less so I haven't needed to replace tires for a while.  I have used Metzler Tourance tires for the last 80,000 miles on this my 01 955 Tiger and about 35,000 on my 02 955 Tiger.  I have been pretty happy with them and prefer the way they turned in and such than the Anakee.  I probably have about 20,000 miles on dirt, gravel, 2 track so don't want to go the pilot road route. 

I see the new 800 is using the Scorpions and they look like a great tire and feel good on that bike.  I can save about $4.00 buying one rather than the other so that doesn't really figure into the equation.  I have been happy with the Tourance but the Scorpion Trails are looking pretty tempting.

What do you think?

All said and done I think I would be pretty happy with a new 800 XC and can both 955's.  In fact I think a new Street Triple R would replace my 02 Sprint RS nicely.

Thanks

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Bixxer Bob

-No idea about Scorpion Trails off road but on tarmac they are awesome, wet or dry.  And much sharper steering too. And did I mention smooth??  You don't realise how much noise and vibration the blocks make until you don't have them, or how heavy they make the steering.  I can't wait to wear out these Tourances so I can go back to the Scorpions.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NortonCharlie

Thanks, I am going to order them tomorrow and see what I think.  I was kind of leaning toward the Scorpions Trails

Anyone have any feedback on how they compare on the trail? 
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

Finally got the Scorpion Trails mounted up.  1st ride, I love the track and feel so far tomorrow will be going out looking at leaves and should give them a better test.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Bixxer Bob

I'm surprised you liked them first time out, they frightened the hell out of me.   :bug_eye It took me a few days to get used to the sharp steering  :icon_cool:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NortonCharlie

I always go really easy on new tires.  I did a little over 300 miles through all kinds of paved roads and I am very happy.  They track so nice and smooth transitions no matter how deep I leaned in.  Only did a thousand yards off pavement so no real feel for that yet.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando