News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Header to silencer seal

Started by DavidR8, August 23, 2013, 07:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

I was fussing about tonight and noticed that the connection between the silencer and header was a bit loose. I didn't get into it but does that connection have any kind of gasket or seal between the two pieces?
2006 Girly, stone stock!

DavidR8

Thanks Tiger, I'll apply a bit of elbow grease to one and see if I can't snug it up.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

DavidR8

I took my spanners out this afternoon and had a look at the clamp. It was shoved up as far as it could go, way past the slots in the pipe which I'm presuming the clamp is supposed to compress.

I slacked the nut and slid it down toward the end of the pipe and snugged it back up. Perfect. Pipe is much tighter and isn't knocking into passenger peg mount.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tigergotcha