News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil pressure sensor cross-reference

Started by DavidR8, August 31, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

My dealer is telling me six week lead time for a replacement. Does anyone know if there is an alternative part to the factory oil pressure sensor?
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Mustang

try bike bandit they will be under 2 weeks now a days !

:5huh wait , never mind your from Canada

DavidR8

Quote from: Mustang on August 31, 2013, 07:02:11 PM
try bike bandit they will be under 2 weeks now a days !

:5huh wait , never mind your from Canada

I'm headed to the dealer today, might get them to pull it, swap in new crush washers, snug it up and see if that stops the leak.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Bixxer Bob

If it's only leaking from the washers and they're copper, just warm them up till the glow a dull orange and let them cool in the air.  That softens them again and they'll crush down nicely. 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

DavidR8

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 31, 2013, 07:57:56 PM
If it's only leaking from the washers and they're copper, just warm them up till the glow a dull orange and let them cool in the air.  That softens them again and they'll crush down nicely.

I took the plunge and ordered the sensor and washers $30 worth of insurance. Delivery time might be less as apparently parts are Now coming out of the US as compared to the UK. Could be 5-8 days...  :icon_biggrin:
2006 Girly, stone stock!