News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Met up with them last night & sampled a few of the local ales! :icon_mrgreen:
A few 'wooley' heads this morning. (BT, i can recommend the 'Skye Red' :icon_wink: )
Me & my lad are off to Ben Nevis to have a look see, the rest of the lads are off on an adventure to Skye! :wheel
The weather up here is still amazing, so you should have a nice run up. :icon_biggrin:
See you guys later! :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Geoff W

Sat at home now. Reliving the full Scottish experience, a drinking a glass of Ardbeg, eating a Tunnocks Wafer, watching the Commonwealth Games from Glasgow, and wearing my wife's tartan skirt.
A big THANK YOU to Nial, brilliant organisation, a great deal of hard work from you made the trip very easy and enjoyable.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

threepot

Well guy's,I'm in Carlisle ,b&b,drank even more ale tonight :icon_rolleyes: and another full b'fast to look forward to! packed my wet tent this morning,and headed off. Thanks Niall for your offer,(hope you found cigar I left?)appreciated. great meet,really enjoyed. Nice to meet you all face to face :wave
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

What an awesome weekend!!

Great hospitality chez Sin, big thanks to his better half Barbara; good coast ride with Sin on Friday morning and a try on his Thruxton - really nice bike, then a good ride up Friday afternoon.  Saturday was excellent despite the dip in the weather in the afternoon; that climb up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bealach_na_B%C3%A0 and run down to Applecross was brilliant, excellent lunch, group leaving me to look after Geoff for the run to Lochcarron,  losing Geoff (sorry Geoff) on the run to the A82 and then back to Fort Angus.

Sunday saw me set off at 8am for my sister's in Durham but when I got there I still felt fresh, was riding well and the weather holding so I pushed on all the way home, 510 miles in all.  Never done that distance before and probably won't again, but arrived home still not tired but very very happy.

Thanks to Sin for putting it together, and for the goodie bag. 

I have a couple of video clips but they're nothing special.  the battery went flat before the big climb :BangHead  I'll just have to go back and do it again  :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

What a brilliant weekend. What a brilliant bunch of blokes. What a brilliant ride.

Loved it all. Thanks to everyone, especially Niall (Sin tiger) - you sir, are a star.

:wheel
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

blacktiger

I can only echo what's been said above. Great weekend, great ride out, great company and surprisingly good beer. Shame about the "showers". Can't trust the weather forecasters.

Phones and me left a day early from FA (Sunday morning) and having checked the weather that said it was better in the east we set off in that direction only to get bloody drowned near Breamar. :BangHead Ended the day just south of lockerbie at Ecclefechan.
Fortunately that all buggered off overnight and we had a great day Monday zig-zagging across the Yorshire moors/dales with lunch at Tan Hill, cheese bought at Hawes etc.etc.

So thanks to Sin-Tiger. Good job mate.
See you in Wales next year. Over to you threepot. :thumbsup
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

mat-tiger1

Well Gentlemen, all i can say is:- WOW!  :bug_eye

As the guys have already said above, Sin, you are a legend!!  :eusa_clap :notworthy Unbelievable location & the run out on Saturday was simply amazing!!  :icon_cool:

I have posted some pics from the run on my Google + page (link below) I will post some video when i next get chance. :icon_rolleyes:

Pictures from the run:- https://plus.google.com/104292189854011747639/posts/a9Z74UhAz1D

See ya later!  :thumbsup
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

HonaTigger

Sorry guys, I guess me and the BikerMatch crowd used up all the sunshine before you came.
It was stupid hot all week.
Not that I'm gloating :-)
All the same it was nice to see you all, however briefly. Hopefully I'll catch up with you all, or some of you, in the not too distant future.

blacktiger

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

motoOzarks

Don't forget to change settings to 720 or 1080 for the big screen.
thanks for posting blacktiger.  (most fierce color)

Here it is without going to youtube.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

Nice one H, going to have to modify mine to run off the bike to get round the abysmal battery life :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Hi guys, sorry for the dealy, (work gets in the way don't ya know!  :icon_frown:)

Anyway, this first video is the approach to Applecross pass & our soggy stompings around the summit. I'll post more videos as soon as i get chance. :thumbsup

https://plus.google.com/u/0/#photos/yourphotos?pid=6042360258717502194&oid=104292189854011747639

(P.S. Look out for a short guest appearance from our host towards the end!  :icon_wink:)

Sin_Tiger

Thanks MT but I can't see it for some reason, do I have to be registered with GoogleGit?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Was a great weekend,  enjoyed it immensely, even the 440 mile ride home on Sunday was a good un after it stopped raining at Carlisle.

Please make next years a week earlier so I can come to that too
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting