News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: threepot on June 23, 2014, 11:43:36 PM
that was with a 17t front,so should get 55+mpg on this run with an 18t? Keep the usage down so I'll save the tyres. Could do without that expense b4 coming.

Drag racer with a tent on the back  :ImaPoser no wonder you're going through tyres.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Sorry guys,got my 'teeth'mixed up. It was 18t..changed to 19. No wonder I was kicked out of Dentistry school! :icon_redface:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on June 24, 2014, 09:27:28 PM
Sorry guys,got my 'teeth'mixed up. It was 18t..changed to 19. No wonder I was kicked out of Dentistry school! :icon_redface:

That's more like it. A 17 would save on front tyre wear though.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

threepot

Weather forecast in the paper predicts a heatwave for end July on? :icon_cool:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

John Stenhouse

So the heat wave will arrive on the 29th July  :qgaraduate
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rf9rider

PeteH

Quote from: rf9rider on July 08, 2014, 01:44:55 AM
Heat = midges   :augie
Taking my REPEL 55, works with the local mozzies but then its Cheshire and not Scotland  :icon_eek:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Spud

Avon skin so soft woodland fresh is what you need mate  :thumbsup mozzies seem to hate the stuff

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

fraser j ross

Quote from: PeteH on July 09, 2014, 12:57:26 AM
Quote from: rf9rider on July 08, 2014, 01:44:55 AM
Heat = midges   :augie
Taking my REPEL 55, works with the local mozzies but then its Cheshire and not Scotland  :icon_eek:
Would not bet on it nor Skin so Soft  :icon_lol:p.s. 20 cigs does the trick !!

Sin_Tiger

I've just placed an order with my wifes friend who is an Avon rep, so I will be bringing sufficient supplies to share.

FJR StBruno works a treat too  :pimp
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

pablo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 10, 2014, 11:36:25 AM
I've just placed an order with my wifes friend who is an Avon rep, so I will be bringing sufficient supplies to share.

FJR StBruno works a treat too  :pimp

Make sure you get the pump spray clear/blue bottle and not the lotion, pink bottle. The pink stuff isn't the same and only works by sticking midgies to your body. The pump spray is the one you want.

Have a good trip I'm still hoping to get away. Possibly Monday afternoon now.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: pablo on July 10, 2014, 12:03:21 PM

Make sure you get the pump spray clear/blue bottle and not the lotion, pink bottle. The pink stuff isn't the same and only works by sticking midgies to your body. The pump spray is the one you want.

Have a good trip I'm still hoping to get away. Possibly Monday afternoon now.

The Avon Lady knows which one it is, strangely in the US they actually market a mosquito repelling specific product but not available in the UK  :icon_scratch:

The sticky stuff might not be so effective with bike gear on  :ImaPoser

pablo

Superb. I think I know how he feels from my last visit to Skye. I looked at the front of my bike at the ferry terminal at Armadale and you could've made a pan of broth from what was stuck to my fairing, lid and jacket.

Marmite works too. Don't rub it on though, have it on your toast. Vitamin B compounds make you less attractive to the little buggers for some reason. You still have to endure the same sanity testing harrasment, but with fewer bites.

fraser j ross

Just done a recce today up a82 today. Take care polis on a mission speeding etc. that is Great Western Road all the way up ! take care :augie

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: fraser j ross on July 10, 2014, 09:05:47 PM
Just done a recce today up a82 today. Take care polis on a mission speeding etc. that is Great Western Road all the way up ! take care :augie

How were the road works at Pulpit Rock and at the Crianlarich railway bridge bypass?