News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Just had mine out for a proper shakedown, grumbling at 2.5/3.5, I know the carbs are right so I think I have an airleak somewhere as well  :BangHead

Sent the routes to all the email address's I have, so if you don't get it I don't have your email, want them let me know please.

I have saved a few routes North from Gretna to Fort Augustus as a quick ref, anyone interested, ping me and I will forward them.

I am traveling the whole day tomorrow (Tues) so it might be Wed am before I can respond. (don't ask what I'm doing as you might kick me out of the Brownies  :nono )
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on July 21, 2014, 11:35:17 PM
Right. Here's the news...

Both my businesses can cope without me for a few days as almost everyone is on leave simultaneously!

The wife is away looking after her folks.

The kids are elsewhere.

The bike's pretty much loaded.

I'll be on my way starting on Wednesday afternoon!

Right, added you, I'm guessing you'll be camping? Look back a few pages if you need a stopover, there are a couple of options. PM me if you need more info.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

If I've missed anyone please let me know. Got an early start so  :sleepy1

Nick Calne

Thanks Sin.

I'm going to take my time going both ways, up and down the country.  Probably three days north, two days south.  No point in rushing about!  Besides I get scared going over 55mph.

Will bring the tent, but will try and book a hotel or something for a couple of nights during the trip.

I'll be in touch if needs be.

N
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

I'll  be billy no mates again as the lady is not well so only one for lunch and coming as far as Glasgow for thursday then up Friday and back sunday as some twat booked hiss holiday to start from Southampton on monday morning.  :icon_rolleyes:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

PeteH

Looks we got us a posse  :nod think we can do away with kwaka now ?

Tiggs is all fuelled, and has a nice clean face just waiting to go  :wheel
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on July 22, 2014, 12:22:43 AM
I'll  be billy no mates again as the lady is not well so only one for lunch and coming as far as Glasgow for thursday then up Friday and back sunday as some twat booked hiss holiday to start from Southampton on monday morning.  :icon_rolleyes:

if your feeling lonely you could catch up with Bixxer, myself and maybe XJC West of Glasgow on the Friday morning.

Spud

I'm travelling back down on Sunday so happy to travel down together, there's a group of us traveling up on Thursday meeting at Cannock/A5 at 8 am if your interested.

kettles always on if your passing Stourbridge and a spare bed if you want to break your journey south

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

Thanks folks, I'm in Drymen Thursday night so Friday meet might work, you have my number Niall.

You'll get bored with my pace Spud but nice thought, it's not too far only 450miles, should be easy.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

Quote from: nickcalne on July 21, 2014, 11:35:17 PM
Right. Here's the news...

Both my businesses can cope without me for a few days as almost everyone is on leave simultaneously!

The wife is away looking after her folks.

The kids are elsewhere.

The bike's pretty much loaded.

I'll be on my way starting on Wednesday afternoon!

:thumbsup :wheel :thumbsup
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

John,
Check out the Auld Cross keys Inn in Denholm. Me and Phones are staying there Thursday night and Jason (aesdj) is riding up Friday morning to meet us there.
Seems like there's lots of options for you.

blacktiger

Just looked at the routes from Sin-tiger and the return ver1 & ver2 look exactly the same to me. Just me?

Sin_Tiger

It's possible, the pdf maker was playing up. The times and distances posted earlier are right 'though  :icon_razz: the only difference being the detour via Plockton.

fraser j ross

Quote from: John Stenhouse on July 22, 2014, 11:31:37 AM
Thanks folks, I'm in Drymen Thursday night so Friday meet might work, you have my number Niall.

You'll get bored with my pace Spud but nice thought, it's not too far only 450miles, should be easy.
Carbeth Inn Thurs. evening John quick pint equi. distance i live in Bishopbriggs my shout ! :icon_biggrin:

threepot

I'm half way there! In Coniston now ,sampling some fine ales :thumbsup. Camping near the lake,nice spot. Hope to do  rest tomorrow?
95 Super111
96 Tiger