News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sat nav mounting options for 2003 Tiger

Started by rocco, September 15, 2013, 10:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocco

As title really guys, where/ how do you mount your sat navs on your Girlies, A few pictures would be great.
Ive currently got an "ultimate addons" waterproof case which mounts to the handlebars just above the bar clamps but i think its too low as its out of my sight line whilst riding, and cant be seen at all if ive got my tank bag fitted!!
68 BSA Bantam D14
71 BSA Bantam B175
79 Suzuki X7
93 Kawasaki ZXR 400
03 Triumph Tiger

pineygroveshop

Cheers,
Stephen

Spud

I have mine mounted on a 6 inch stalk from the handle bars, I don't look at the map to often I have the sound/directions piped into my helmet

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Montydog

I guess something like a Ram mount would extend your unit upwards??

JTT

I too have mine mounted on a Ram mount, clamped to the centre of the handlebar, with a 4" arm.  Works pretty good.  Does block the tach a bit, but no big issue as I'm rarely drag racing with my GPS mounted  :icon_mrgreen:
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Dutch

Had the Zumo mounted with the ram-mount between the clamps. Was too low when on trip with tank bag, so put it to the left on the part of the bar that goes up. Obscures the speedo, but the speed on the GPS is more accurate anyway ;)

Marc

Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

T885i_Blk

I bolted a ram ball to the dash above the instrument lights, I use a short arm and an 'ultimate addons' waterproof case.

Places it in my field of vision just above the clocks. I use a Garmin with 5inch screen.
Tiger 885i 1999

chinchliffe

Made mine from some plastic pipe and fittings from B&Q, about £3.00

Chris

wardy

i ran a 15 mm tube across fairing conected between screen bolts and attached sat nav to that works well  sound is via cable fed under tank exits edge of seat were i conect ear phones

Dutch

Zumo 660 has bluetooth. Use it in combination with a Sena SMH5 on the helmet. Love it   :love10
With the Sena I can also communicate with another rider (when paired), ideal when you have to let your mate know you have to stop for fuel, pee, luggage isn't fitted propperly etc. Range is a few hunderd meters.

bungalowbill

Quote from: Marc on September 16, 2013, 10:11:47 AM
that's how I fixed it.  Good position to view the gps and the road!

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,11317.msg84329.html#msg84329

Change of subject. What is the screen you have, as shown in your photos? Looks as though it is wider than standard.

As for satnav mounting, I have a zumo in a similar position on a bracket sandwiched between screen and fairing. I use bits of sleeping mat foam to prevent any scratching. All very low tech but it works.

vince

this is how mines mounted
being tall in the seat can still see all gauges and lights
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

pineygroveshop

Quote from: pineygroveshop on September 15, 2013, 05:33:24 PM
What brand and model GPS unit?

Has anyone seen the answer from the author of the original post?
Cheers,
Stephen

cba191

Quote from: vince on October 01, 2013, 11:10:11 PM
this is how mines mounted
being tall in the seat can still see all gauges and lights

I want that GPS mount!  Please tell me that you purchased it.  I don't have the equipment for fabricating stuff.  :(
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce