News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

mornin all

Started by rybes, September 16, 2013, 09:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

been away for a bit but should be back now  :thumbsup

its with great sadness i have to say this but i think my tiger is dead  :icon_sad: saturday ridin it home it seemed like it was down on power, almost like towing a trailer. the closer i got to home it started to smell waxy n odd and everytime i pulled up to a junction it would stall. went out to it this mornin and nothin. not even a try to start. ive been havin lots of problems with it just recently and i think its come to the end of its days. clutch has been stickin real bad almost like changin gears with no clutch sometimes espacailly when cold. saturday mornin i heard bubblin in the expansion bottle so im thinkin head gasket ? im gutted clicked over to 75000 on moday n seemed to be fine but no more.
so now the question is do i rebuild the engine or search for a newer one ? if i go for a engine from a differnt triumph, what bit is it in the gear box i have to change as tiger engines seem to be very high mileage and hard to find.

anyways, im back  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

:bug_eye ...............you need to swap the shift drum for the gear selector,or learn to shift 1up five down

bummer about the steamer engine

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Welcome back BTW and sorry news indeed.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

cheers mustang. i thought thats what it was. and cheers bob feels good to be back. you couldve decorated tho lol. i was lookin at that engine earlier today and was thinkin that could be the one. would also get those engine mountin plates out the way so i could see about fittin that 1050 swingarm  :thumbsup. was also thinkin about a 1200 lump for it  :love10 i got some pics ill upload later of a tiger tank on a 1200 trophy. got the chance to try it a few weeks ago. if it wernt a plastic tank itd be an easy job but it is a plastic tank so it wont be  :icon_confused:

Bixxer Bob

As an aside, I have a nice shiney new ACDC TIG  :icon_cool:

rybes

really Bob....we need to talk  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I was hoping so,  I haven't used TIG for 40 yrs so am a bit rusty and the Chinese handbook isn't a lot of help.  I've just about got my head around the settings but these inverter machines are capable of much more than the old BOC rigs I'm used to.  Has a footpedal and does stick as well!!!

I'm good at blowing holes in stuff though  :icon_eek:

rybes

i can see a trip to mr bixxer in my future  :thumbsup their a difficult thing to get goin on but once youve got it all set up there easy to use. you got a foot pedal too so that makes the whole thing much easier  :icon_wink: been a while since i used a tig welder but wont take me long to get back into the swing of it, its like ridin a bike.....apparently  :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

Kettle's always on.  Anyway, back to the plot.  Are you going for that engine or upgrading to a 1200 Steamer  :icon_cool:

London_Phil

There was a 1200 Steamer about in UK some time ago, and it came up on  Ebay a few years ago. If I remember it was a dealer fitted engine, and only some minor mods were needed. Anyone care to chip in on this?

Sin_Tiger

Simpler solution.  Take my Roadie and swap the tank and all the plastic bits off the Steamer  :bug_eye

No really, believe it or not I have actually given that some serious consideration, I must ease up on the single malts  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Sorry to hear the bad news Rybes.

Fitting the Trophy/Sprint engine seems the way to go, more power.

rybes

thats temptin sin :icon_scratch: when ya back here cos i need me bike back lol.

i been thinkin tday Rf about the engine i want to put back in me tiger. in the garage i got a zx9r engine ive got to sell to raise money to get a new lump for me tiger. however, tday i was wonderin if the zx9 lump will fit in the triples place  :icon_confused: tmora i shall be gettin the tape measure out and havin a look to see if it works. then ill have a nice power upgrade 128 bhp 45 up from what i got :thumbsup

rf9rider