News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ECU Code help needed

Started by Ruzicka, September 24, 2013, 12:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruzicka

I have two fuel codes that keep coming back. P0230 (Fuel Pump) and P1231 (Fuel Relay). The two have been going off for a bit now (about 1k miles) and around the same time I lost my Fuel Light (gauge still works). Anyone have any ideas? I've read the ECU directly manages the pump making P0230 archaic, but what about P1231?

Also I've just aquired a P0135 for the oxgen sensor. Would I be wrong to assume the O2 sensor is down and the Dynojet O2 bypass would be a simple (and cheaper) fix?
2005 Tiger 955i
1973 CB500-4
1964 BSA C15 SS80

metalguru

I am going to assume that the engine is still running but flagging up these fault codes???
Before condemning any component I would advise checking connections for corrosion especially the keyswitch and main fuse box including the 30A fuse. If in doubt change the fuel pump relay as cheap and plentiful replacement, even from a breakers yard although check the relays are the same before replacing.

For the fuel lamp, have you checked to see if the warning lamp still works, it should illuminate when the ignition is first switched on but engine not running. There is a small connector under the right hand side black infill panel consisting of two cables, check the connection.

For the O2 sensor, its not a good idea to eliminate this as it does help with the overall running and contributes as a sensor to the maps, again check the connections to the loom.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.