News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Brake Line Length

Started by Jiberwacker, October 01, 2013, 10:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiberwacker

Hi, i am about to put some 3.5" handlebar risers and will need a new front brake line.  The problem is that no one lists how long the OEM is so i can't add on a few inches and get the new one.  Every aftermarket manufacturer lists a replacement for OEM but also fails to mention the length.  I would rather not take mine off quite yet if someone else has the info.  Thanks for any leads.

Mustang

it's really easy

take a piece of cable tv coax antenna wire and route it from where you want the master cyl. to be and down to the caliper .
now after you have it place like you want you can pull the coax cable out and measure how long it is
that will tell you how long of a brake cable you need.

Jiberwacker

Yeah, i suppose that would work.  Thanks for the idea.

Dutch

It will work as it is absolutely the best method to determine the length needed. Keep in mind length is usually the middle of the banjo-hole to middle hole.

Sin_Tiger

And it only works with coax   :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

akendall1966

As I have a 2 hose set up from the master cyl dose that mean I should have used twin & earth?
O0
----AK-----

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint