News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

planning for a trip to Alaska

Started by cba191, October 23, 2013, 09:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

lots of folks have done it , try the search button there is a lot of info on it .  :thumbsup
The only downside is it makes it a bitch if you need to tighten any spokes .

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Mustang on October 26, 2013, 12:16:41 AM

If you use the little sticky "dots" on the nipple heads (I'm going to regret that) before putting the sealant, either liquid or tape,  it'll allow enough slippage to allow you to adjust the spokes.

That reminds me,  :icon_rolleyes: I need to up a how to for the tape type kits.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cba191

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 26, 2013, 07:44:01 PM
Quote from: Mustang on October 26, 2013, 12:16:41 AM

If you use the little sticky "dots" on the nipple heads (I'm going to regret that) before putting the sealant, either liquid or tape,  it'll allow enough slippage to allow you to adjust the spokes.

That reminds me,  :icon_rolleyes: I need to up a how to for the tape type kits.

what exactly are these pasties of which you speak?
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

haggis95

Quote from: cba191 on October 23, 2013, 09:26:56 PM
I'm planning a trip to Deadhorse next summer. I'm just wondering if there is anything special I should do to get the girl ready.
I just ordered new suspension, front and rear. Obviously, I'll replace the chain and sprockets, whether they need it or not. What are some of the other details that I might want to consider?  I'm going to solo it, so I'll be on my own.
One concern I have is tire repair on the road. Any suggestions with regard to that?

I had an Australian guy (Dogtired) stay with me for a week while he got new chain and sprockets and worked on his trailer.

He went to Deadhorse on a Bonnie!  By himself.

So it's very doable on a Tiger I would imagine.

this was the set-up
There's a Tiger in my garage

Sin_Tiger

Cracking Bonnie story, don't say a thing about the trailer Chris  :icon_razz:

The dots are just as you might expect circular bits of tape that has not too sticky adhesive.  You could probably use ones you can buy from a  stationery shop, that's a lot of cutting dots otherwise :icon_rolleyes: The purpose of them is simply to isolate either the really sticky tape or silicone from the spoke nipples. This allows the sealing layer to seal around the nipples while allowing them to move.  Bear with me and I'll write up what I did.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

haggis95

Just to whet your appetite

There's a Tiger in my garage

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cba191

John Stenhouse

That last pic is what happens when you get a bit of rain on either the Dalton or the Dempster
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Gravity Tester

Just set the Dirty Pic. as my Wall Paper. Hope that is me some day.

Dutch

Should we tell his wife GT has a dirty picture as wallpaper    :pimp

:new_popcornsmiley

cba191

Well, this weekend I get to start redoing the old girl.

Do the valves.
Install the very pretty Wilbers.  It will put some color on the old girl.
Replace the fork springs and seals.
Redo the accessory wiring.  I'm putting a http://www.fuzeblocks.com/ in.
Signal Dynamics Voltage meter.
Installing the Cyclops light with the Skene dimmer.

Maybes....convert to tubeless and steering head bearings.

anything I'm forgetting?

cba191

Took me forever to get around to it, but finally got it done.

low beams

high beams