News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

finally found one....maybe

Started by rybes, October 28, 2013, 09:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

an engine has finally turned up for sale. but it has a problem. the sprag clutch is gone. as im goin to have to split the engine cases to put the gear selector drum in out of the tiger i can see this bein a possible engine for me tiger  :bug_eye
ive looked throo the forum at sprag issues but cant seem to find out what it is that actually breaks, so can someone tell me what bit it is and how it breaks ? and if someone has the part number for this modified neutral switch id be most grateful as theres 2 switches listed on the parts diagram at triumph.

hopefully me tiger will be back soon  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

I seem to have read somewhere that its just a spring that breaks, although i could be wrong.  :icon_scratch:

As for the neutral switch, i know some on the Rat site have fitted a longer switch to cure the problem of the worn plate that causes the problem, but if you`re stripping the motor, might be worth replacing the plate?

Seem to remember the longer switch is from a Bonneville.

ram33

the neutral switch part you want is T1190248
and the spring from this seal for sprag fix (assuming the rest of sprag is ok)
http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p26993/40x62x7mm+Nitrile+Rubber+Rotary+Shaft+Oil+Seal+with+Garter+Spring+R23+/+TC/product_info.html
also dont forget all the gaskets reqd
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

rybes

:thumbsup cheers blokes. looks like ill have to read up now on fixin this sprag thing properly. i need my tiger back. im sick of ridin this in the rain its like ridin a 130mph pushbike. i get soaked.....a lot lol

bonus bit bout this engine its out of a speed triple so itll have a few more horses  :hat10

rf9rider

Think you`ll need the ecu from the Triple, did you get that as well?

Sin_Tiger

And you don't like washing it after every ride  :icon_wink:

Glad to read you've found something suitable.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: rf9rider on October 29, 2013, 10:37:18 PM

Depends on what era the Triple was from, they've made a Triple version of each iteration of the engine as far as I can remember.  Even the Trident was up on power compared with the Tiger so it should have some go about it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

Quote from: rf9rider on October 29, 2013, 10:37:18 PM

no i never got that mate. need to find one really. anyone know what one will be the best one to get ? obvious choice is a speed triple one. if ones not availible at a decent price whats next on the list ? programmable one maybe ?

Bixxer Bob

What fuelling system has it got??? what year was the triple???

If it's the same as the Girlies you're laughing.  Until you try riding at 30 mph anyway.... :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

it has carbs and the engine is a hmmmmm i dunno. it says 900 speed triple so im guessin its the same, looks the same as mine so itll fit. been thinkin while i got the engine out im gunna try that swingarm in there too  :thumbsup

Mustang

Quote from: rybes on October 31, 2013, 09:43:13 PM

no i never got that mate. need to find one really. anyone know what one will be the best one to get ? obvious choice is a speed triple one. if ones not availible at a decent price whats next on the list ? programmable one maybe ?
Trident 900 will raise the redline to above 10 k if I'm not mistaken.
The igniter from a daytona super III would be a good one also but you will need to have the head from the super three as well as carbs to see any real benefit.
even a trophy igniter or sprint will give a boost to hp . more so the sprint than the trophy
I can vouch from experience though that just simply using a sprint engine with every thing else "tiger" you will have a very happy and smooth setup. my seat of pants dyno says it will take a stock tiger in a drag race !

Bixxer Bob

I think my Trident was 10500rpm red line, and claimed 93bhp.  The early speed triple made around 108bhp if I remember rightly, which would put your Tiger on par with a Girly as long as you have the right parts.

Just found the spec sheet, it (the T309) made 98BHP, 5 more than the Trident.

Sin_Tiger

Now I'm getting scared :icon_eek: Rybes with all that extra power   :nono
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Have you actually met him? Not so much  :5moped as  :wheel

rybes

over 10tho  :bug_eye  :nono i nearly hit the rollin road tester when he hit the redline lol 8500 is my limit. im syumpathetic to my engines. makes em las a lil bit longer. not much tho lol altho i will keep my eyes out for a super 3 one. i missed a super 3 engine carbs loom the lot a couple of weeks ago. sold for 250 quid. thought while im waitin for it to get closer to end of auction ill jus go do this.......got bit to carried away tho n missed it. oh i did sulk.

sin, me n power is a good thing cos it jus makes me happy  :thumbsup more power, happier me whats not to like ? lol

and bob, what you tryin to say  :icon_twisted: lol