News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel line extensions

Started by fraserdog, October 29, 2013, 11:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Thought you'd gone big bad beemer :icon_scratch:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

iansoady

No that must be somebody else. I "downsized" as after a replacement knee the Tiger just felt a bit overwhelming.... I did consider a Tiger 800 but just too ugly for me.

I really like the Wee but miss the big triple.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

I was looking at a dressed-up 650 Versys on Friday,  seems to tick all the boxes, cheap, powerful enough (just) light  and fun.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 10, 2013, 06:58:58 PM
I was looking at a dressed-up 650 Versys on Friday,  seems to tick all the boxes, cheap, powerful enough (just) light  and fun.

Go for a ride........That will seal the Tigers fate to stay in your ownership!!!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

I know, I was being seduced by looks.  I like quirky.  Then I get on the Tigger again and decide I can live with the looks and keep the 3-4 grand in the bank.

SilverTiger

BB, I've only just seen your response to my bit about my IACV falling apart when I balanced my throttle bodies.  When I did that job in early August I followed the 'How to' on this site step by step.  The IACV was removed from its mounting by undoing two screws, and the vacuum pipes were removed from the throttle bodies.  From memory I then just moved it to one side on the engine while doing the balancing job.  When finished I noticed the IACV plunger part and spring had forced themselves out of their housing.  It took me a while to work out how to get it back together, I seem to remember posting on here when I was doing the job.  Anyway, after some persuasion and crossed fingers I got it back together without b*ggering it up.  Then I went and did a 3000 miler through France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia and it was a smoothe as a baby's bum and averaged 50mpg :-)

This is the original thread I started when servicing the bike in July : http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,12827.0.html    looks like I left the electrical connection on the IACV - should I have disconnected it for TB balancing? 
2006 silver Triumph Tiger 955i
1975 Triumph Bonneville T140
1972 Kawasaki 500 H1B - now restored, very orange
1999 Yamaha R1 - bought new

metalguru

As a rule it should be sufficient to leave the IACV connected electrically and just remove the flexy pipes to the TBs.

For the benefit of others, there are 4 connections available on the IACV but only 3 are live.
Clean the IACV port with a silicon/Teflon cleaner not WD40.
Finally when balancing TBs, the balance needs to be EXACT or vibrations will occur.

:icon_mrgreen:
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.