News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlight switch

Started by Boo, November 09, 2013, 11:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

I have a 2006 955i. The problem is I have no way of switching off the headlight. The earlier models have a switch on the righthand handlebar cluster. Mine has a blanking plate where the switch should be.
How much of a job is it to fit an earlier model switch? Will it plug straight in or will I need to adapt the wiring loom. Or is it such a pain in the bum job that it's not worth doing?

motoOzarks

Have you considered a toggle switch?   :icon_scratch:

I know that doesn't answer your question.
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

TigerTrax

If you want to do it right...
go to EasternBeaver.com.... he has a great selection of
switches, harnesses, and 'doo-dads' you can have fun on his site.

PS:
He's in Japan !  Go figure !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

Quote from: Boo on November 09, 2013, 11:12:46 PM
I have a 2006 955i. The problem is I have no way of switching off the headlight. The earlier models have a switch on the righthand handlebar cluster. Mine has a blanking plate where the switch should be.
How much of a job is it to fit an earlier model switch? Will it plug straight in or will I need to adapt the wiring loom. Or is it such a pain in the bum job that it's not worth doing?
get yourself a switch assembly from an earlier Tiger .....it will plug right in and work perfect couldn't be any simpler .

metalguru

Quote from: Mustang on November 10, 2013, 12:45:25 AM
Quote from: Boo on November 09, 2013, 11:12:46 PM
get yourself a switch assembly from an earlier Tiger .....it will plug right in and work perfect couldn't be any simpler .

The Thunderbird/Legend/Adventurer are the same units too.......Plug and play.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Boo

Thats the way to do it! I shall see what I can find. Many thanks.   
  Boo. :eusa_clap