News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel pump mount plate gasket

Started by nojohn, December 02, 2013, 11:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nojohn

will I need a new gasket for fuel pump mount plate or is the old one reusable :icon_scratch:

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

fraserdog

I think it's one of those things you won't know until you've got it off,my mate just did his Sprint's fuel filter and the gasket looked o.k. until closer inspection and it was found to be u/s.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Chris Canning

nojohn

I will be taking it apart this week I will see how it goes,if I do need a new one I will just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one :icon_salut:

chairhead

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

pineygroveshop

Quote from: nojohn on December 03, 2013, 03:12:38 PM
I will be taking it apart this week I will see how it goes,if I do need a new one I will just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one :icon_salut:

What he said.  :iagree

I've always been able to reuse mine.
Cheers,
Stephen

tigergotcha

Always re used mine - before refitting I always grease the gasket with a bit of silicon grease to keep it soft and avoid sticking  (same I do with other rubber parts e.g. mirrors and rear brake pump boots). :icon_wink:

nojohn

gasket reused and sealed put film of silicon on gasket before replaced happy with that :icon_lol: :icon_salut:

blacktiger

Quote from: nojohn on December 21, 2013, 09:43:13 PM
gasket reused and sealed put film of silicon on gasket before replaced happy with that :icon_lol: :icon_salut:

Yeah, always reused mine. AFAIK it's the original on mine which, with the bike on 70000 miles, has been off 5 times.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.