News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle Tube

Started by flik118, January 29, 2014, 09:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flik118

Hi all,im trying to find a standard throttle twist tube for my 04 Tiger 955i..does anyone one know if one off any other Triumph will work as they are hard to find!!,the issue i have is that my bike has the Triumph heated grips on but they are worn and barely work so ive brought a set of aftermarket grips but they will not fit over the throttle tube that comes with the Triumph heated grips,this is why i need a standard twist tube.

John Stenhouse

Every single one I've seen has had heated grips, my guess is you will struggle. Bars are a standard size tho' so can't see why others wont fit
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

flik118

i think its more to do with the actual outer diameter of the tube thats the problem,my new ones get so far on then stop and i dont want to force them!!

Sin_Tiger

Try putting a little washing up liquid on them, if you have access to an air line, gently blow air between the new grip and the tube while you push them on. Even heated grips have some stretch.

Where in the world are you nayway  :icon_scratch: updating your profile will get you better local focused help.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint