News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Poor running

Started by chairhead, February 16, 2014, 03:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Looked for the plus's do you still have the original females  :icon_eek:,I don't do health and safety if I did I wouldn't ride a bike but HTF Triumph have got away with the plastic females on the early Tigers I've no idea or more to the point no recall and how no one has ever been killed!!!

chairhead

They are plastic with metal securing clips, I've taken what I believe to be the faulty one out and just ordered new, the male counter parts are Aluminium.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

:kboom  :BangHead hang in there pal, you're getting somewhere. It might not be as bad as you first thought, fix the leak, whack a big battery on and follow BB's advice, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and most of the trains are on frozen points or flooded lines so it's less likely to be a train  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Quote from: chairhead on February 18, 2014, 04:55:14 PM
They are plastic with metal securing clips, I've taken what I believe to be the faulty one out and just ordered new, the male counter parts are Aluminium.
STOPPPPPP cancel the order I did the same the originals cost me more than the stainless,in the end bit the bullet bought the stainless and sold the original new one's for a tenner a piece their a bloody death trap and for heaven sake change both,apart from falling off a bike the only other thing that has put the fear of god into me is having one of the females shear off 5 miles outside Dover and going from thinking the fluid on my boots was from the rad to F me it's petrol and I've got a full tank and thinking this could go boom at any second.

The alu male will be fine you don't need the poncy stainless version.

Oh and what I forgot I've a spare R/R that I know is good and an 02 plug that may or may not help,I'm happy to post if you send e'm when your finished.

I know I sound all mother hen but their F*****g liability and Triumph should have done a recall years ago.

chairhead

:icon_lol: Too late,
im quite happy to use them Chris, they've been on the bike for 14 years now without a problem and for all I know it could be me being hand fisted with the O rings.
I think its sucks that the bike without these is next to useless,( what's  wrong with a hose and clips?) and that they are so expensive  :bug_eye
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

Very rare I'm lost for words  :icon_eek:

chairhead

TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

Meanwhile, back on topic, the new battery will make a difference but you'll probably still have to do an adaptation, we'll see.  I'm not so sure it'll fix your rich running number one pot but you never know till you try eh? Fingers crossed  :nod
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 18, 2014, 11:50:54 PM
Meanwhile, back on topic, the new battery will make a difference but you'll probably still have to do an adaptation, we'll see.  I'm not so sure it'll fix your rich running number one pot but you never know till you try eh? Fingers crossed  :nod

Fingers crossed mate  :icon_lol: and everything else!  :icon_lol:  :icon_salut:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

NortonCharlie

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 16, 2014, 08:21:04 PM
Ah, if it's stupidly rich, enough to double your consumption, but only on one pot, I'd be checking for a stuck injector

If it does, you have a bad injector.

:nod
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Bixxer Bob

Any update mate??  Have you sorted it yet????
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 25, 2014, 02:30:48 PM
Any update mate??  Have you sorted it yet????

The new battery is on, as is the new fuel coupling and O rings with no leakage im happy to report, I tried running the bike with the Lambda sensor unplugged and it was really rough, it runs so much better with it plugged in, it is however still the same and runs with the same DTC as before.

I have a second ECU which I've used recently in the past and thought id give it a whirl with tuneECU plugged in, it too ran the same but showed a couple more DTC's than the Triumph Actia ever did, and those where both injector number one related  :icon_rolleyes: , so im waiting for a set of injectors to arrive £25 posted, I should get those tomorrow.

Weather permitting I can get down to the garage and crack on, I would have taken them from the 04 Tiger I have(like the fuel O rings and the fuel relay and the tilt switch) but I just haven't got the room to have both bikes in bits in an unpowered crammed garage, I need a bigger man cave  :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and I need to read up on TuneECU, after using the Actia for so many years im not too sure what im really doing ATM  :icon_study:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

chairhead

Oh well.........

its not the injectors, after replacing all of them the bike still runs the same  :icon_confused: ,
I shall have another fondle tomorrow and see what happens  :icon_rolleyes:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

John Stenhouse

I'd have a go at BB suggestion of the temp sender being up the swanney
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting