News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

f@~kin engine

Started by rybes, February 18, 2014, 10:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

just alittle rant. just puttin my new engine ine to find out the alternator shaft has gone pfffff and is all loose in the engine and i cant find the dar thread. the link takes me to the login page AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH need the bike back on the road  :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

cheers for that mate :D the link you sent works but not the link in the fixit thread

Bixxer Bob

Bodged up a link repair for now straightcfrom thectop of the how-to. I'll ask Mustang to sort it properly  :bug_eye
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

well, now ive calmed down a bit ill let ya know how the transplant went. it didnt  :nono i thought as a good idea id put my alternator and starter motor on as i know there both good. had a big first ride planned to denmark so didnt want anythin goin wrong.
however, when i removed the alternator it would appear that this engine had DAR problem. as i pulled the alternator off the shaft come with it. as i wernt listenin for anythin to drop im not sure if anything has fallen into the engine. i tired pushin the shaft back in but it just wouldnt go. cue one mass fit of rattles flyin everywhere.
unfortunatly now tho im back in denamrk with me tiger back in england in pieces  :icon_frown: worse bit is, ive no idea when im goin to be able to get back to fix it all and bring it over. for the first time in 10 years im bikeless and i hate it  :icon_rolleyes:

nickjtc

Quote from: rybes on February 28, 2014, 09:08:39 PMfor the first time in 10 years im bikeless and i hate it  :icon_rolleyes:

Commiserations! Nothing more frustrating than having riding weather, but nothing to ride. :icon_sad: :icon_sad:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Is the bike in one piece more or less? Or is it all over the garage?

rybes

erm, its not all over the garage its all on me ramp...how you saw it last, swingarms out still. i wouldnt have thrown such a hissy fit over it but me yella bike died the same day, god knows whats wrong with that. with that one goin down my lip stuck out for days after  :icon_redface:

Bixxer Bob

Bugger,  :BangHead if it was more or less moveable I was going to suggest getting it over to my place on my trailer.  That way I could do a bit as and when I have time.

rybes

aah mate, thats damn good of ya to offer. now im gutted i never had the paitence to put it back tgeva again  :icon_scratch:

Bixxer Bob

shit happens,  as they say....